Change my Account Region to Switzerland?

So I've given in and tried to buy RDR2. But my UK card is not recognised. I went in to town and picked up 100CHF of gift cards, but now it is saying the cards aren't usable on my account. After a quick look around it's because my residence on the account is still in the UK, but I can't switch it to Switzerland (where I am).

Is there a way to get this to work, or do I need to sell the cards to a friend? I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and I want to play!

Sorry for the brevity of the post. I'm mobile at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

based on some googling it looks like it requires creating a new ID in order to change your region ...

https://help.my-private-network.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/6000152417-how-to-change-ps4-store-region

Urgh...I really hoped that wouldn't be the case. A new account for one game?!

I'm waiting on Sony to give me an official response.

You HAVE to create a new account i do it all the time, i have a US a UK(main 1 with +) and an Indonesian account, this lets me buy cheap digital games as they can be far cheaper than the UK store.

Just create a new account with new email and use a suitable address, add it to your console making sure it is primary on your console, then you need to get vouchers for the country in question as you can't use a UK credit card.

You then buy the game via the new account and play it via your normal + account.

wow that's an annoying way for Sony to go about things; that has to make it incredibly inconvenient if you move to a new region ...

So you can't use your UK payment method to buy RDR2 on your UK account? that shouldn't be a problem unless it detects you're not in the UK, if that is the case then why not just use a VPN?

Alternatively just buy some UK credit from cdkeys.com it is a legit site and i often use it and it'll even save you a few £s.

FYI RDR2 is cheaper on the UK store and you can check store prices here from different regions.

Edited by SnoopZ

39 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

So you can't use your UK payment method to buy RDR2 on your UK account?

My card got renewed, and it doesn't recognise the new one.

Fuuu...I'll still wait on Sony before tomorrow though. If I have to leave for work I'll create a new one and deal with it. That's #### though, there has to be a better way...

I'm sat at work still trying to figure out what to do about this. I think that if I create a Swiss account, put the credit on there and download RDR2 I should be able to access the game from my main account, rather than having to switch to the Swiss account just to play one game. But because I'm sat at work I can't confirm if that is the case. Does anyone know?

Still no response from the PS4 UK Twitter account. I may as well spend the time and create a forum account on the PS4 site to ask the same question; there's nothing happening in the office so I've got the time.

This is ridiculous though. I'm really annoyed.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I'm sat at work still trying to figure out what to do about this. I think that if I create a Swiss account, put the credit on there and download RDR2 I should be able to access the game from my main account, rather than having to switch to the Swiss account just to play one game. But because I'm sat at work I can't confirm if that is the case. Does anyone know?

Still no response from the PS4 UK Twitter account. I may as well spend the time and create a forum account on the PS4 site to ask the same question; there's nothing happening in the office so I've got the time.

This is ridiculous though. I'm really annoyed.

Hi Nick i know exactly what happens as i have 3 accounts and i am based in the UK.

If you create a Swiss account you will add it onto your console along side your normal UK account, both accounts will be listed as primary on the console.

Download the game from the Swiss store, then log in to your normal UK account to play the game, there will be no issues at all, all trophies will be collected as normal on your UK account.

But this is what i would do, i would buy UK topup cards from cdkeys.com(perfectly legal and good site) then add the topup cards to your UK account and buy the games cheaper on the UK store than on the Swiss store, the topup cards even save you money.

1 minute ago, SnoopZ said:

But this is what i would do, i would buy UK topup cards from cdkeys.com(perfectly legal and good site) then add the topup cards to your UK account and buy the games cheaper on the UK store than on the Swiss store, the topup cards even save you money.

I think my only issue with this at the moment is that I don't know how much money I've got in my UK account, which for the moment at least is the only one I can use to do online shopping. Plus I already have the Swiss topup cards, although I'm sure I could sell them to someone with no issue. If I need to move money in to my UK account then I'll do the stupid thing and create a Swiss account - as I said I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and I desperately want to play, I don't have time to sit around waiting for the transfer to happen (which would be Tuesday I assume, which is too late!) :laugh:

At the end of the day so long as I can play the game on my main account I guess it doesn't matter too much. It's still stupid of Sony though, considering you can apparently change your region with Microsoft with no issues.

4 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I think my only issue with this at the moment is that I don't know how much money I've got in my UK account, which for the moment at least is the only one I can use to do online shopping. Plus I already have the Swiss topup cards, although I'm sure I could sell them to someone with no issue. If I need to move money in to my UK account then I'll do the stupid thing and create a Swiss account - as I said I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and I desperately want to play, I don't have time to sit around waiting for the transfer to happen (which would be Tuesday I assume, which is too late!) :laugh:

At the end of the day so long as I can play the game on my main account I guess it doesn't matter too much. It's still stupid of Sony though, considering you can apparently change your region with Microsoft with no issues.

Do you live in Switzerland permanently now? If not then i agree it is a pain creating another account although it only takes 5 mins.

Why not buy it on disc to avoid creating an account?

FYI digital games are far far cheaper on the US store, so i use that often after creating an address somewhere. i then buy my topup US cards from https://www.pcgamesupply.com/

5 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Do you live in Switzerland permanently now? If not then i agree it is a pain creating another account although it only takes 5 mins.

Why not buy it on disc to avoid creating an account?

FYI digital games are far far cheaper on the US store, so i use that often after creating an address somewhere. i then buy my topup US cards from https://www.pcgamesupply.com/

I've been here for 18 years, so you could say so. :laugh: But who knows, I may (grudgingly) go back to the UK at some point.

The whole reason this started was because I wanted to be sure that I was going to get an English copy of the game. I don't know if there are language options in the game, and when I asked my friend who got a copy of the game how he got it he said that he buys it digitally to be sure that it is in English.

This is all basically a lot of hassle for something that might not have been an issue to begin with. For all I know, despite the box and instruction manual being in French it could well be that the game would have been in English. Regardless, one way or another I will be playing the game this evening, and no one will see me for the following days. :laugh:

If you check the Swiss and French stores they both have the audio listed as English and several countries for subtitles so it looks like it is ONLY in English, but i may be wrong.

3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

If you check the Swiss and French stores they both have the audio listed as English and several countries for subtitles so it looks like it is ONLY in English, but i may be wrong.

I guess what I could do is go back to the store this evening, pick up the disc, and if it turns out to be in French I could return it next week.

Meh, I'll figure something out. Like I said, one way or another I'll be roaming the Wild West this weekend. :laugh:

33 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I guess what I could do is go back to the store this evening, pick up the disc, and if it turns out to be in French I could return it next week.

Meh, I'll figure something out. Like I said, one way or another I'll be roaming the Wild West this weekend. :laugh:

I hope you have enough space on the HDD, as the game requires 99GB as it comes on 2 blurays plus another 50GB for the install process if you're going digital, got that from a quick google.

Edited by SnoopZ

4 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I hope you have enough space on the HDD, as the game requires 99GB as it comes on 2 blurays plus another 50GB for the install process if you're going digital, got that from a quick google.

wow that's crazy

On 12/28/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nick H. said:

Did you figure it out in the end? :)

11 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

Did you figure it out in the end? :)

Yeah, I ended up buying the physical copy after work on Friday. (Y)

And boy am I glad I did. This game is amazing! Now I just need to find someone that wants 100CHF in gift cards. :laugh: