Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

Criticism of Discovery? Perish the thought.  🙄   Series tries but it's just not as important as it thinks it is. Paramount properties are falling victim to thinking virtue-signalling is uh, paramount. Au Contraire.

On 19/09/2022 at 06:37, rocky01 said:

Criticism of Discovery? Perish the thought.  🙄   Series tries but it's just not as important as it thinks it is. Paramount properties are falling victim to thinking virtue-signalling is uh, paramount. Au Contraire.

There's a group who likes Discovery and watches it, just like there's a group who likes one of the others.  I think it's clear the plan has been to air different types of shows and grab fans of those types.   Hate on Discovery all you want but it's going into it's 5th season (might be it's last or not, don't know), and these shows aren't cheap to make for Paramount.  It must have enough viewers to keep going, or a show would get canned quick.

• Like 2

On 19/09/2022 at 05:31, George P said:

There's a group who likes Discovery and watches it, just like there's a group who likes one of the others.  I think it's clear the plan has been to air different types of shows and grab fans of those types.   Hate on Discovery all you want but it's going into it's 5th season (might be it's last or not, don't know), and these shows aren't cheap to make for Paramount.  It must have enough viewers to keep going, or a show would get canned quick.

No one said anything about 'hate' so of course one has to ask why you did you do that? Actually loved the Lorca story arc and would have liked to have seen more, perhaps if writers felt up to it, his terran double could have turned up. Disco's far-flung-future storyline is altogether curious. Seems to me.

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY SH............T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. This looks daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn good !!!!!!!

On 09/10/2022 at 10:01, spacelordmaster said:

Anyone knows who that lady is and who the old man with the antique gun is?

The lady is new, the old man is Moriarty from TNG.    

• Like 1

For a quick minute there I thought we were getting a Dr. Who crossover lol

wait wait WAIIIIIITTTT a minute... how is... Lore.... wtf?!

On 09/10/2022 at 10:52, Matthew S. said:

wait wait WAIIIIIITTTT a minute... how is... Lore.... wtf?!

He was never distroied or anything.  Just turned off last we saw him in TNG.   Easy to assume someone who didn't know any better turned him back on.  

On 09/10/2022 at 05:17, George P said:

He was never distroied or anything.  Just turned off last we saw him in TNG.   Easy to assume someone who didn't know any better turned him back on.  

After deactivating him Data told Picard "He must be disassembled so that he is no longer a threat".

• Like 1

On 09/10/2022 at 05:29, Skyfrog said:

After deactivating him Data told Picard "He must be disassembled so that he is no longer a threat".

And... wasn't his pieces stored in Data's quarters on the Enterprise-D?

On 09/10/2022 at 06:06, C:Amie said:

It looks great... but why are they giving all this away in the the trailer. All those surprise reveals would have been so much better 😢

Maybe they have some bigger surprises 🤷‍♂️

On 09/10/2022 at 12:29, Skyfrog said:

That doesn't mean he's destroyed though.   Someone with some time could've put him back together.

On 09/10/2022 at 17:25, Dick Montage said:

I'm getting a Reman feeling from that enemy ship

I did as well, which makes things interesting.    Though it could just be the general look of it being close.  

• Like 1

WOW!  Great to see Moriarty and Lore again.

We know Denise Crosby is supposedly coming back, so.

Spoiler

The antagonist could be her daughter either from Romulus or from Yesterday’s Enterprise

On 09/10/2022 at 10:46, primortal said:

WOW!  Great to see Moriarty and Lore again.

We know Denise Crosby is supposedly coming back, so.

Hide contents

The antagonist could be her daughter either from Romulus or from Yesterday’s Enterprise

Or this lady could be related to Shinzon. She could be his sister, or someone related to him that wants revenge for the events of Nemesis. After all, she seems

to know Picard quite well. As far as Lore is concerned. Never judge a book by its cover. Lore could very well turn out to be a good guy this time around. Trailers are designed to fool you into thinking one thing when the reality is another. We shall see. I can’t wait.

• Like 2

They've been making more and more ST Online ships cannon in Picard.     I don't think the F is as good as the E if we compare the two.  But it might grow on me with time.   At this point we don't even know how long it's in the series for anyway.

On 09/10/2022 at 18:40, spacelordmaster said:

Or this lady could be related to Shinzon. She could be his sister, or someone related to him that wants revenge for the events of Nemesis. After all, she seems

to know Picard quite well. As far as Lore is concerned. Never judge a book by its cover. Lore could very well turn out to be a good guy this time around. Trailers are designed to fool you into thinking one thing when the reality is another. We shall see. I can’t wait.

Shinzon was a clone of Picard, grown specifically as part of a plan to replace Picard and plant a spy in the Federation, which later got abandoned and he was thrown into the mines on Remus to die... There was no sister.

• Like 1