Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

29 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

It’s $14 million per episode my brother. 20 more minutes would add another 2 or 3 million to the price tag. It’s a very expensive show compared to STNG, which cost $1.3 million per episode!!!!!!

Where did you find that each episode was $14 million?

45 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

It’s $14 million per episode my brother. 20 more minutes would add another 2 or 3 million to the price tag. It’s a very expensive show compared to STNG, which cost $1.3 million per episode!!!!!!

I would like to know where you got this info from too.

9 minutes ago, primortal said:

Where did you find that each episode was $14 million?

Considering Disco is around $8.5 million per episode, I find it hard to believe it's almost double that..

9 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Considering Disco is around $8.5 million per episode, I find it hard to believe it's almost double that..

Yeah, I don't trust reddit that much for accuracy without a legitimate source.  I'm not surprised the cost per episode around that amount being the complexity of the sets, number of actors and F/Xs.

On 2/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, Steven P. said:

When they are vaporized there is nothing for the family to bury 😢 

You really REALLY don't want to be around anyone getting vaporized!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dat episode! Damn that by far may have been the best so far this season.

• Like 2

Spoiler

All hail queen Seven

• Like 2

Spoiler

Enjoyed the last episode.  Be interesting to see what happens to Lieutenant Narissa Rizzo.  And gotta say, good to see the Borg back in action.  I know they were the enemy, but with Seven in command..watch out.

5 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Hide contents

Hope Hugh gets fixed

Spoiler

How is he going to be fixed?  He is no longer Borg, he is human.  He died.  Even Borg when they get damaged do not get fixed.

• Like 2

This last episode was awesome and very emotional (when Picard was talking to Sogi and she was asking him about DATA). Very emotional scene.

Yes Seven’s future looks grim and I have a funny feeling all this Borg stuff is going to connect with Discovery’s Control storyline. I think Airiam has a lot to do with The Borg and how they were created. Airiam will be back in Season 3. Someone spotted “Airiam” and Hannah Cheessman name on one of the trailers at a season 3 filming location. It’s on the web, look it up as I am too lazy right now to look it up for you. Remember, Airiam downloaded all her memories to Discovery, just like Spock downloaded all of his to McCoy and DATA to B-4. Airiam, like Spock, was jettisoned from Discovery in a photon tube and into space. Where did her body end up at?

Think about it dudes. Airiam is 67% human. So are the Borg!!!!!. I really think Airiam has a lot to do with the Borg. Maybe I am wrong, but we will find out soon. This is getting really interesting.

Your thoughts?

Another thing that I noticed, but I am pretty sure some of you did as well, did you notice when seven of nine took control of the Borg cube, her eyes turned pitch black. When Control Took over Leland his eyes turned pitch black as well, just like Seven of nine. I don’t know but this is definitely all borg related.

17 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

This last episode was awesome and very emotional (when Picard was talking to Sogi and she was asking him about DATA). Very emotional scene.

Yes Seven’s future looks grim and I have a funny feeling all this Borg stuff is going to connect with Discovery’s Control storyline. I think Airiam has a lot to do with The Borg and how they were created. Airiam will be back in Season 3. Someone spotted “Airiam” and Hannah Cheessman name on one of the trailers at a season 3 filming location. It’s on the web, look it up as I am too lazy right now to look it up for you. Remember, Airiam downloaded all her memories to Discovery, just like Spock downloaded all of his to McCoy and DATA to B-4. Airiam, like Spock, was jettisoned from Discovery in a photon tube and into space. Where did her body end up at?

Think about it dudes. Airiam is 67% human. So are the Borg!!!!!. I really think Airiam has a lot to do with the Borg. Maybe I am wrong, but we will find out soon. This is getting really interesting.

Your thoughts?

Unless they time travel back to 13th century or prior, I dont know how. Voyager established that the borg were at least expanding in the delta quadrant at this time near the vaadwaur empire.

The only way control could be borg influenced would be if Starfleet was using the sphere wreckage from first contact.

I do hope we get some borg origin stories going though, there always seems to be a human component tossed around during their discussions of their creation. 

Edited by shockz
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 3:56 AM, shockz said:

Unless they time travel back to 13th century or prior, I dont know how. Voyager established that the borg were at least expanding in the delta quadrant at this time near the vaadwaur empire.

The only way control could be borg influenced would be if Starfleet was using the sphere wreckage from first contact.

I do hope we get some borg origin stories going though, there always seems to be a human component tossed around during their discussions of their creation. 

Don't rely on established canon when CBS are concerned. They've showed an unpleasant propensity towards ignoring what came before in the interests of telling their own story.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:56 AM, shockz said:

Well, using the old Borg sphere tech could be one way they built Control, and it could bring everything full circle in a sense.  We'll see how it all works out but using Borg tech in the past from ST:FC, which comes around in the future to infect and take over a left over Borg Cube in ST:P and also ties into events in ST:D would be something.

For all the complaints about canon and so on, CBS/Viacom are now one so all those old  rules no longer apply.  I think they've already set plans in motion to bring everything together.  You don't just green light all these seasons, and they're not exactly cheap unless they've went in a new direction with filming which brings the costs down.  

I wonder what ever happened to Harry Mudd's android's.  If Romulans were destroying all synth's did they get rid of them as well?

Well, I wasn't expecting THAT!

Spoiler

Another Soong huh? They sure blindsided everyone with THAT!  All the pundits were expecting to find Maddox, with the one that died being an android copy of some kind...

I wonder if that synth being grown is a new version of Data himself...

15 hours ago, Human.Online said:

Hate to say it, wasn't a fan of last night's episode.

I have to agree. I expected more. It seemed slow and boring and Brent Spinner’s character didn’t quite make sense. Maybe next week things will be much more clear? I am still hoping to see Q show up.

20 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Well, I wasn't expecting THAT!

Hide contents

Another Soong huh? They sure blindsided everyone with THAT!  All the pundits were expecting to find Maddox, with the one that died being an android copy of some kind...

I wonder if that synth being grown is a new version of Data himself...

maybe we will see DATA’s resurrection after all?

OK dudes I just found this on YouTube and what this guy is saying makes A LOT of sense. Check it out and tell me what you think:

Yay, Glad I waited for all the episodes before subscribing.

I've been avoiding this thread... is the show actually any good? Will watch regardless though.