Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

On 01/03/2023 at 09:35, C:Amie said:

Shaw's hostility and wider attitude suggests a deep rooted underlying animosity towards the Borg - much the same as Ben Sisko's. We don't know Shaw's back story: for example where was he during Wolf 359 or First Contact. What caused the latent hostility? We know that Janeway and Picard were instrumental in Seven getting into the service, so perhaps Shaw wound up in a position where Seven was virtually thrust upon him, thus forming further animosity. Then Picard (who may have been at least partly responsible for dropping Seven on him and himself being a former Borg) magically turns up out of the blue and seemingly conspires with his former Borg XO to create even more mayhem.

So Shaw has prejudice. Perhaps the haters might find - if the writers are up to it - that his prejudice is worth exploring.

Spoiler

Called it 😋

Shaws scene in the holodeck was great though.  It feels like this ended the first arc of the season.  Next episode should dive into the second part of the story and give us more answers. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 13/03/2023 at 11:15, George P said:

Shaws scene in the holodeck was great though.  It feels like this ended the first arc of the season.  Next episode should dive into the second part of the story and give us more answers. 

It really was wasn’t it. We all saw it coming but the level of vitriol was just great.  And yeah, am feeling like this very much felt like the end of Act 1

• Like 2

Its also as if he needed to do it, needed to get it off his chest.

On 13/03/2023 at 11:15, George P said:

Definitely my favourite part of the season so far.  I must say, I'm liking season 3 a lot more than season 1 and 2, though a little less constant boom would be nice.. ;)  Mind you, it's a little spoiled by already knowing who the big bad in the background really is...

That was not someone I expected to show up though, kinda wish they would put Janeway on the screen though...

• Like 2

On 16/03/2023 at 22:15, Matthew S. said:

That was not someone I expected to show up though, kinda wish they would put Janeway on the screen though...

Agreed... mostly! :p The plot itself isn't really anything that surprising, but THAT character showing up? Definitely unexpected!  And nice!  Never really liked Janeway though...

One thing...

Spoiler

It's a shame they've decided to go with changelings... Just my opinion, but I'd rather they have brought back those extra-galactic insect like parasites from TNG season 1 episode 25, "Conspiracy".  They just left that plotline hanging whereas the Dominion storyline had closure...

Edited by FloatingFatMan

I really wonder where they're going with Jack in all this. We've got a solid mystory going here and I like it.  I read a few different theories out there but it's too early to say for sure.  

On 17/03/2023 at 03:44, Matthew S. said:

I think it may be similar to Vadek.

Spoiler

It looks to me like some kind of parasitical possession by a changeling, complete with suppressed memories and personality change... A DEEP sleeper agent of some kind.

On 16/03/2023 at 17:36, FloatingFatMan said:

Agreed... mostly! :p The plot itself isn't really anything that surprising, but THAT character showing up? Definitely unexpected!  And nice!  Never really liked Janeway though...

One thing...

Hide contents

It's a shame they've decided to go with changelings... Just my opinion, but I'd rather they have brought back those extra-galactic insect like parasites from TNG season 1 episode 25, "Conspiracy".  They just left that plotline hanging whereas the Dominion storyline had closure...

Hahaha, there's a few of those types of things from ToS too that that I wondered about.  

Those ones you mentioned I saw as a kid and it terrified me.  I always worried they'd come back.  

On 17/03/2023 at 08:58, Dick Montage said:

What a perfect call “that character” was. That made so much sense.

I can't help but wonder if there's more going on than we've seen so far...

Spoiler

We know from the trailers that both Lore and Moriarty are going to show up... So someone had to recover both from the wreck of the Enterprise D... A secret 4th party perhaps, coordinating everything from the shadows...

Hey! I did hear they're trying to bring back Babylon 5! :p

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 11:21, FloatingFatMan said:

I can't help but wonder if there's more going on than we've seen so far...

Hide contents

We know from the trailers that both Lore and Moriarty are going to show up... So someone had to recover both from the wreck of the Enterprise D... A secret 4th party perhaps, coordinating everything from the shadows...

Hey! I did hear they're trying to bring back Babylon 5! :p

Spoiler

I'm going to bet that Moriarty is the "advanced AI" security system at the DI.     Another Jack theory some have tossed out is that he might be infected by a Pah Wraith.   Since this season is also acting as a loose DS9 sequel of sorts.  

• Like 4

On 17/03/2023 at 11:37, George P said:
  Hide contents

I'm going to bet that Moriarty is the "advanced AI" security system at the DI.     Another Jack theory some have tossed out is that he might be infected by a Pah Wraith.   Since this season is also acting as a loose DS9 sequel of sorts.  

Spoiler

That would certainly go a long way towards explaining the eyes... Though if they're going to have Pah Wraiths, they'd better damn well have Ben Sisko turning up!

And yes, Moriarty being the AI sounds reasonable... And perhaps Lore is the stolen technology?

• Like 1

On 17/03/2023 at 07:37, George P said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I'm wondering if Jack isn't really Crusher's son but the son of Odo and Kira hence the ability of the Changelings have evolved can now mimic blood and organs and the Great Link wants him back.

+1 for another great episode.  I'm liking Shaw more and more :)

Spoiler

The fight with Worf and Raffi in front of Krinn (another 12 Monkey's alumni) was pretty good.  Also, I see either Starfleet or Starfleet Intelligence has been able to reproduce the Doctor's holo-emitter.

I hope they also bring back some more TNG and DS9 characters in the reminder of the season.

• Like 2

Another fantastic episode and a boat load of easter eggs :D

Spoiler

I'm surprised that Vadic was able to repair the Shrike, though it was going to explode.

Nice twist on what they did with Data, Lore, B-4 and Altan.

Now, what does the Changeling want with Picard's body?

I've seen rumours that Paramount+ are considering a new Trek show with Bad Robot called Star Trek Legends, but ONLY if Kurtzman has ZERO creative control over it...

• Like 4