Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)

Well, I get the general idea about the whole Frontier Day plan but I still don't get what's going on with Jack.

On 31/03/2023 at 04:03, George P said:

Well, I get the general idea about the whole Frontier Day plan but I still don't get what's going on with Jack.

Spoiler

He sort of displays the characteristics of a Betazoid being he can "read" and "control" minds.  I still have a thought he's Kira and Odo's child.

I would like to know what species Vadik crew is.  One was able to take many phaser shots and still get up while others just vaporized.

It sounds like there are two factions of Changelings.

When Vadik was telling her story of the torture she and others endured one thing stuck with "boats scraping on concrete", why would there be concrete on a space station?

On 31/03/2023 at 05:24, primortal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He sort of displays the characteristics of a Betazoid being he can "read" and "control" minds.  I still have a thought he's Kira and Odo's child.

I would like to know what species Vadik crew is.  One was able to take many phaser shots and still get up while others just vaporized.

It sounds like there are two factions of Changelings.

When Vadik was telling her story of the torture she and others endured one thing stuck with "boats scraping on concrete", why would there be concrete on a space station?

Betazoids cannot mind control anyone. 

Spoiler

If he has mind control abilities due to the illness and maybe some other factor we don't know about, then it would explain why they want him.  If they could copy his ability that'd make them pretty powerful.   Either way, another little tidbit in this episode shows us that there's a way to actually track them it sounds like.  

• Like 2

On 31/03/2023 at 13:26, PeterTHX said:

Betazoids cannot mind control anyone. 

Was it really mind control or just telling her telepathically what to do?

Well it seems to me that Picard is going to be a lead up to the Section 31 spin off Series, eventually.

On 31/03/2023 at 20:33, primortal said:

Was it really mind control or just telling her telepathically what to do?

It sounded like he was telling her what to do but I can't be sure.

Sounds like both telling what to do and if you watch closely she mimics his body's actions as well.

Could Species 8472 be in play here?  Vadic is taking commands from a “superior” Changeling that scares her.

I wasn't a huge fan of how the latest episode played out, bit too predictable....

My Thoughts (Spoilers)

Spoiler

Given what's at stake, Picard wouldn't actively invite that threat onboard the ship unless he had an ace up his sleeve.

My Thoughts are that Worf and Raffi had returned to Chintoka with the Holo ship from Insurrection and the whole  boarding party act was a ruse allowing  a) a rescue team to get to the Shrike to save Riker  b)  The Titan to remain cloaked and safe from a distance while learning more about their foes plans / tactics (we now know how to track them).

The only things to support this would be, 

• Why was Shaw watching things unfold safely on the bridge only to then get ambushed on Deck 9? why leave his post?
  • Vadik's boarding party couldn't establish where the life signs were on the ship.
  • Another call back to previous TNG adventure  - Insurrection

I'm not the only one that thinks the 'Red Woman' had little too do with the initial attack on Starfleet and is a direct reference to the entity that's trying to Lure Jack?

What do you think?

Max

On 04/04/2023 at 08:13, MaxBurke said:

I wasn't a huge fan of how the latest episode played out, bit too predictable....

My Thoughts (Spoilers)

Hide contents

Given what's at stake, Picard wouldn't actively invite that threat onboard the ship unless he had an ace up his sleeve.

My Thoughts are that Worf and Raffi had returned to Chintoka with the Holo ship from Insurrection and the whole  boarding party act was a ruse allowing  a) a rescue team to get to the Shrike to save Riker  b)  The Titan to remain cloaked and safe from a distance while learning more about their foes plans / tactics (we now know how to track them).

The only things to support this would be, 

• Why was Shaw watching things unfold safely on the bridge only to then get ambushed on Deck 9? why leave his post?
  • Vadik's boarding party couldn't establish where the life signs were on the ship.
  • Another call back to previous TNG adventure  - Insurrection

I'm not the only one that thinks the 'Red Woman' had little too do with the initial attack on Starfleet and is a direct reference to the entity that's trying to Lure Jack?

What do you think?

Max

Spoiler

Too much going on like:

• Lore taking control of the ship and Jordi desperately trying to get Data to take control again.
  • Jack and Sidney are trapped between force fields that Lore is going to drop then Jack telepathically helping Sidney fight.
  • Picard and Crusher tracking Vadik and her bodyguard through the ship

To me that's a lot of stuff if it was all just on a holodeck.

I was hoping that being Picard and Crusher were able to track Vadik it just beam her out into space and be done with it.  But then it doesn't get us to the answer to why they need Jack.

Just saw episode 8 not too long ago.  Another solid episode.  A few more things get wrapped up while we still have some key questions left.  2 episodes to go now.

• Like 3

On 09/04/2023 at 06:12, MaxBurke said:

What are everyone's thoughts on the big bad?

I'm going The Borg with the amount of throwbacks to Picard's time as Locutus

The borg has already been covered, I think it may have ties to 8472/Undine

I think it's clear this is Dominion related, so anything from DS9 is at play here.    

• Like 1

I'm guessing the question now is who will save the day?

My Money is on Jack / Data

Or a culmination of all the races Picard has aided over the years

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra :)

On 13/04/2023 at 15:50, MaxBurke said:

I'm guessing the question now is who will save the day?

My Money is on Jack / Data

Or a culmination of all the races Picard has aided over the years

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra :)

Whoever/whatever that thing is attached to Vadic (maybe a changeling that judges her kind of changeling) seems like something they'll reveal tonight AND if its interesting enough a good candidate for a spinoff.  

On 14/04/2023 at 09:07, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm a little confused... But...

Hide contents

Weren't the Borg dealt with at the end of season 2?

Spoiler

Weren't season 2 borg the dormant ones defeated from the Delta quadrant return of Voyager that came through a transwarp conduit (that was destroyed).

These borg might be the ones that actually travelled from the Delta quadrant, back then that is where they were heading after the events of Voyager.

I agree it is all a bit confusing.

On 14/04/2023 at 11:48, Steven P. said:
  Hide contents

Weren't season 2 borg the dormant ones defeated from the Delta quadrant return of Voyager that came through a transwarp conduit (that was destroyed).

These borg might be the ones that actually travelled from the Delta quadrant, back then that is where they were heading after the events of Voyager.

I agree it is all a bit confusing.

Well...

Spoiler

Borg are Borg... They're all one mind, that's kinda their thing... There was no indication that the S2 ones were separated from the collective...

Seems kinda weak to have the same big bad in both seasons, to be honest... And very much a huge let down AND a missed opportunity.

Why use a broken and not fully operational ship?

Spoiler

Why take a incomplete and not fully working Enterprise that would be out gunned and out classed by most of the ships

Would Voyager not be a better ship as it was fully restored and ready to go and had tech that was around 5 years more advanced than the current federation ships?

trans phasic torpedo's
Ablative Generators
upgraded shields
Astrometric Lab
quantum slipstream drive
Enhanced Defence Systems

To name some of the stuff.

which makes it much better equipped to fight the Borg.

To me shouts lazy writing and forced use of "nostalgia" 

• Like 2