The Mandalorian

41 minutes ago, George P said:

The last 2 eps were quite good, along with the first one.  The rest are debatable though.  I think it could've just as well been 6 eps with each being a bit longer in turn.  

everyone is saying how good it is now....but I gave up half way and I have no intentions of coming back. episode 3 and 4 were so boring

I watched the last episode yesterday. Wow, that was awesome!

Spoiler

I loved the opening with the Scout Troopers talking and not being able to shoot the can! Hilarious exchange and reference! :rofl: I'm kind of sad they got shot, I could have seen them become a running joke through future series.

Also, Gideon is a Sith?

Now I've got to wait a whole year to continue... :(

All the episodes were good, it's just that more than half of them did nothing to move the story along and that part was frustrating.  I'll certainly be back for season 2 but I hope that they learned a lesson from this.  

15 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I watched the last episode yesterday. Wow, that was awesome!

Hide contents

I loved the opening with the Scout Troopers talking and not being able to shoot the can! Hilarious exchange and reference! :rofl: I'm kind of sad they got shot, I could have seen them become a running joke through future series.

Also, Gideon is a Sith?

Now I've got to wait a whole year to continue... :(

Spoiler

I don't think so, don't let the dark saber fool you.  I believe that has a part Mandalorian lore and not something directly related to Jedi/Sith.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 7:17 PM, Jimmy1 said:

everyone is saying how good it is now....but I gave up half way and I have no intentions of coming back. episode 3 and 4 were so boring

I was the same, watched the first 4 episodes and i was bored all the way through, the Star Trek Picard 1st episode was better then the first 4 of the Mandalorian.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Time to rewatch the first season! Only a couple of more weeks to go before Season 2!

Does anyone know if they are going to release all the episodes at once again? Or will they go for the more traditional weekly release?

5 minutes ago, Jim K said:

According to the IMDB, it will be released weekly...8 episodes with the finale on 18 December.

That's a pity. Although as I was writing the question I kinda figured  it would be like that. I'm sure they realised after releasing season 1 all in one go that it made more sense for their subscriptions to do a weekly release and keep people on their platform for longer.

Do you really need to rewatch season 1?  Don't get me wrong, if you want to and have the time go for it, but to be honest here, not much actually happened.  The episodes/plot for season 1 isn't exactly packed with details you have to keep track of.  

1 hour ago, George P said:

Do you really need to rewatch season 1?  Don't get me wrong, if you want to and have the time go for it, but to be honest here, not much actually happened.  The episodes/plot for season 1 isn't exactly packed with details you have to keep track of.  

Do I need to? Of course not. Do I want to? Hell yeah! I'm a Star Wars nut and thought it was great fun. :laugh:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dare I say that I've been less enthused with the last two episodes (2 and 3).  In fact ... they kinda bored me.

Hopefully things pick up with the tease of you-know-who in the next episode.

58 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Hopefully things pick up with the tease of you-know-who in the next episode.

Don't think you should hold your breath on any dropped names showing up immediately

On 18/11/2020 at 00:54, NJ Louch said:

I found 2 a bit meh, really enjoyed 3 but felt it seemed a little short.

I don't know how to feel about the runtime of each episode. That they range from 30 minutes to an hour can be frustrating as I don't know how much I'm getting each episode, but I guess I prefer that rather than there being unnecessary padding to stretch the episode out.

I've enjoyed the episodes so far, and it was great seeing Timothy Olyphant and Katee Sackhoff in their roles. I doubt we'll see the marshal again, but if what I've read about Bo-Katan is right I hope she'll come back at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I don't know how to feel about the runtime of each episode. That they range from 30 minutes to an hour can be frustrating as I don't know how much I'm getting each episode, but I guess I prefer that rather than there being unnecessary padding to stretch the episode out.

It wasn't The Mandalorian, but some Netflix/Prime show where they said one of the filmmaking benefits of streaming is not having the time constraint and going at the pace the story dictates.  I can get behind that.  But damn 3 felt short.