The Mandalorian

On 09/01/2024 at 12:58, primortal said:

Yes!  Season 4 crammed into a two-hour'ish movie as The Mandalorian and Grogu set off as freelance bounty hunters. /s

Didn't want Rogue Squadron or some movie set in the Old/High Republic or Dawn of the Jedi eras (hopefully James Mangold's movie delivers on this and they don't cancel it).

On 09/01/2024 at 13:58, primortal said:

Not a big fan of The Mandalorian turning into a movie.

• Like 3

On 10/01/2024 at 21:33, Jim K said:

Didn't want Rogue Squadron or some movie set in the Old/High Republic or Dawn of the Jedi eras (hopefully James Mangold's movie delivers on this and they don't cancel it).

Pretty sure mangold is done after Dial of Destiny. This movie has moved in ahead of the announced Rey movie also. Looks like Disney has realised whose toys are selling. Doesn't mean anything will materialise, rian johnson trilogy.... game of thrones guys trilogy.........

It's no secret that Bob Iger wants butts on seats in movie theatres over butts on their own seats at home watching Disney+...

On 13/01/2024 at 08:59, Dick Montage said:

It's no secret that Bob Iger wants butts on seats in movie theatres over butts on their own seats at home watching Disney+...

I'm not letting Iger anywhere NEAR my butt! :p

• Haha 1

On 16/01/2024 at 07:10, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm not letting Iger anywhere NEAR my butt! :p

Josh D’Amaro currently has Iger’s attention on that front lol

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

I just purchased a Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 eARC, to go with my Hisense 65" U8G. I hooked up and started watching The Mandalorian Chapter 16: "The Rescue". I figured the sound would be out of this world and I was right. The sound is amazing but I just about jumped out of my chair when the 2 bases kicked in as the dark troopers started to pound on the blast doors. The whole room shook each time they hit the blast doors. The sound was just amazing throughout the episode. I may just start over again, just for the sound.

• Like 1

Do like Jon Favreau, but when Disney+ singled out Gina Carano for canceling and only Giancarlo Esposito rightly stuck up for her, I knew the inmates had taken over the asylum. And don't get me started on Luke Skywalker showing up ...

Andor is only reason to hope Disney+ stays profitable.

Edited by rocky01
sp.
  • Facepalm 2

• 2 months later...

Rumor is movie and guest spots on other shows but The Mandalorian is over as a show. Movies are the priority, not series on Disney+.

Honestly, I believe it because I thought the same thing when they mentioned a movie.

Edited by hagjohn
  • Like 1