Tesla Cybertruck

Auditioning for the 50 Shades of Grey sequel ...

Screenshot2024-01-22032902.jpg.9d81d412d87ae38f6d445d097c4e3b5b.jpg

Screenshot2024-01-22033150.jpg.5abc0ddd496042653e1aab8b91038d29.jpg

Reddit thread from the new owner of this truck.  It came without the wheel covers because Tesla ran out of them.  ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

------

Can't get up a "steep incline", though a Subaru (about $35k) and 4Runner (maybe $55-$60k?) didn't have issues...probably due to Tesla not having diff locks enabled on a consumer-ready vehicle...$100k for a vehicle which isn't feature complete.  lolz

"Broke it" ... he broke a mud flap and damaged another which Tesla recommends are removed before off-roading (but apparently do not include instructions on how to remove them).

"Bleeding edge" this vehicle is...

• Haha 2

On 22/01/2024 at 03:12, Jim K said:

Reddit thread from the new owner of this truck.  It came without the wheel covers because Tesla ran out of them.  ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

------

Can't get up a "steep incline", though a Subaru (about $35k) and 4Runner (maybe $55-$60k?) didn't have issues...probably due to Tesla not having diff locks enabled on a consumer-ready vehicle...$100k for a vehicle which isn't feature complete.  lolz

"Broke it" ... he broke a mud flap and damaged another which Tesla recommends are removed before off-roading (but apparently do not include instructions on how to remove them).

It clearly had the wrong type of tires. 🤪

On 22/01/2024 at 09:49, adrynalyne said:

Is that like the ol apple excuse of "your holding it wrong" ?

On 22/01/2024 at 05:12, Jim K said:

------

I love my Subaru's. They are awesome for the price.

On 22/01/2024 at 09:49, adrynalyne said:

Except the wheels are similar to the Crosstrek (Subaru), which didn't have issues.

On 22/01/2024 at 10:58, hagjohn said:

Except the wheels are similar to the Crosstrek (Subaru), which didn't have issues.

Did you miss my emoticon? Or the previous discussion?

Some folks may have heard about a Cybertruck being only able to tow 103 miles. That was in winter, towing an 11,000 lb Hummer EV. It was about 160 miles towing 6,000 lb. Losing up to half of your MPG towing a very heavy load with an ICE vehicle also happens (been there with a RAM).

The below video shows charging to 80% on a Supercharger 3 (250 kWh) in about 40ish min. Supercharger 4 will take that up to 350 kWh, but wait - there's more... 

Cybertruck can also use the Megacharger, which rolled out to support Tesla Semi and can charge at 1,000 kWh. Those started rolling out to companies which have bought Tesla Semi; Frito-Lay, Pepsi, etc. but wider distribution is also on their to-do list.

Also note that it's normal for Tesla vehicles to require tuning of the software after an initial release. Easy to do with over the air upgrades.

On 23/01/2024 at 01:10, DocM said:

Some folks may have heard about a Cybertruck being only able to tow 103 miles. That was in winter, towing an 11,000 lb Hummer EV. It was about 160 miles towing 6,000 lb. Losing up to half of your MPG towing a very heavy load with an ICE vehicle also happens (been there with a RAM).

The below video shows charging to 80% on a Supercharger 3 (250 kWh) in about 40ish min. Supercharger 4 will take that up to 350 kWh, but wait - there's more... 

Cybertruck can also use the Megacharger, which rolled out to support Tesla Semi and can charge at 1,000 kWh. Those started rolling out to companies which have bought Tesla Semi; Frito-Lay, Pepsi, etc. but wider distribution is also on their to-do list.

Also note that it's normal for Tesla vehicles to require tuning of the software after an initial release. Easy to do with over the air upgrades.

Hummer EV curb weight is a little shy of 11,000 pounds coming in at just over 9,000. I know we are splitting hairs here, but let’s not add a literal ton of fake weight just to make a point. 

On 23/01/2024 at 07:20, adrynalyne said:

Hummer EV curb weight is a little shy of 11,000 pounds coming in at just over 9,000. I know we are splitting hairs here, but let’s not add a literal ton of fake weight just to make a point. 

11,000 (actually, a few over) includes the trailer it was sitting on. Mass is mass, and they put them on a scale.

Edited by DocM

On 23/01/2024 at 15:34, DocM said:

11,000 (actually, a few over) includes the trailer it was sitting on. Mass is mass, and they put them on a scale.

I don’t recall you mentioning the weight of the trailer. You quite literally said the Hummer EV weighed 11K pounds. Mass might be mass, but a Hummer is not a trailer. 

On 23/01/2024 at 18:46, adrynalyne said:

I don’t recall you mentioning the weight of the trailer. You quite literally said the Hummer EV weighed 11K pounds. Mass might be mass, but a Hummer is not a trailer. 

Fine, I could have worded it better. Consider the nit picked. The point is still valid.

On 23/01/2024 at 21:40, DocM said:

Fine, I could have worded it better. Consider the nit picked. The point is still valid.

Yes my point is valid. Thanks!😛

Electric vehicles fail hard in the cold. That’s not going to go over well with the workforce. 

On 23/01/2024 at 04:10, DocM said:

averages 206 miles after 10k miles. Sad

https://bgr.com/lifestyle/tesla-cybertruck-owner-drives-10000-miles-says-he-only-gets-206-miles-of-range/

On 24/01/2024 at 02:49, gft77 said:

Tesla Cybertruck manual advises owners to ‘immediately remove’ bird poop, dead bugs from vehicle.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/business/tesla-cybertruck-manual-immediately-remove-bird-poop-dead-bugs/

When you set out to create a tough utility vehicle but accidentally make a glorified man-child fashion accessory.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 24/01/2024 at 02:49, gft77 said:

Tesla Cybertruck manual advises owners to ‘immediately remove’ bird poop, dead bugs from vehicle.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/business/tesla-cybertruck-manual-immediately-remove-bird-poop-dead-bugs/

I mean, most vehicles would suffer from leaving that on the paint. Tree sap is another. 

On 24/01/2024 at 03:41, adrynalyne said:

I mean, most vehicles would suffer from leaving that on the paint. Tree sap is another. 

...but that is to protect the paint/clear coat...this thing isn't painted ... it is made of "SpaceX's custom 30x cold-rolled stainless steel alloy" with sub 10 micron accuracy ... it's "bleeding edge."

Though I do wonder if leaving bird poop, tree sap, dead bugs, etc., actually stains or tarnishes the body.  It certainly shouldn't be any harder to keep clean than a DeLorean. 

The DeLorean owners handbook doesn't advise to "immediately" remove bird poop, etc., but to "Wash panels with warm water and low suds detergent.  Stains of tar or grease may be removed with gasoline or white mineral spirits." 🤔

Wouldn't think it really matters when all the Cybertruck's panels are different colors anyway...and it being fugly.  If I were gifted one these things and I had to drive it for some reason...I would immediately wrap it matte black.  That's the only addition which makes this truck look halfway decent.   

On 24/01/2024 at 17:36, DeathLace said:

Oh...so it actually is bleeding edge....

On 24/01/2024 at 16:36, DeathLace said:

Sure it can. The doors won’t close anymore though…

• Haha 2

Cybertruck can't even do offroading..... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM6bPWV8y/

Sucks in Winter weather.

Only thing it actually does well is go fast as hell. 

Can cut your fingers off because it doesn't have pinch sensors...

What is the Cybertruck ACTUALLY good for other than small pecker Elon cucks thinking they've got something good?

On 25/01/2024 at 02:37, wakjak said:

What is the Cybertruck ACTUALLY good for other than small pecker Elon cucks thinking they've got something good?

Identifying Smol pecker Elon cucks, actually anything branded Tesla is good for that.

On 24/01/2024 at 18:36, DeathLace said:

I'm surprised Musk isn't charging extra for this "feature".  😄