Very strange (internet) connection issue

I am just going to leave it disabled for now. I don't see any reason to enable it for the time being.

same issue, some of website are crazy slow.

share hosting issues i guess, no any hardware issues on my side. DNS quad9 fast as usual

11 hours ago, BudMan said:

That your ipv6 is not working as it should..

Also btw, you trying to ping neowin.net - doesn't answer ping.. So not a good site to test with... Not all things on the net will answer ping.. If you want to use that for connectivity test, you need to be sure it answers when things are working, or it useless to test it when your not sure if things are working.. 

correct, which why I always use ping www.google.com

58 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I don't see any reason to enable it for the time being.

Yeah if you find some reason - let us know ;)  I have been trying to find one to be honest..  Where I thought you would see huge demand for it would be games - since it removes the whole nat issue that p2p games have.. But sadly game makers have not jump on this as of yet.. p2p games if used IPv6 as it is meant to be used - would be fantastic.. But have yet to even find a game that leverages it how they could.

And while yes IPv4 is pretty freaking close to being fully exhausted.. Many of the devices using up all the IPv4 address have gone to IPv6 - phones is the big ones.  Many a provider only give phones IPv6, and they run gateways to allow the IPv6 to talk to IPv4.. T-Mobile for example atleast here in chicagoland area only provide IPv6 address to phones.

This frees up IPv4 to be sure when you move billions of devices to only IPv6..  We actually sold off much of our IPv4 space (for a nice profit).. And again IPv6 is for sure the future, just I will most likely be retired well before that comes to actual being.. We finally got a Ipv6 /32 from Arin for a project we our working on.. Since there will be so many devices in this project, IPv4 is just not viable at all..   But this really has nothing to do with those devices being able to talk to IPv4 addresses, or how your typical home user connects to the net, etc..

So for now we are in a dual stack sort of deal - but it has not reached the tipping point as of yet.  Where IPv6 is required for anything a home user would be doing.

Now when you see say google or amazon say hey you can no longer talk to our sites unless you have IPv6 will be when It becomes mainstream..   And sure there is the whole chicken/egg issue - but for now, there just nothing saying that a user needs it.. And if they are having issues, there is no reason why they can not just turn it off at this time.

And billybob user using it or not using it not going to slow up or speed up the adoption of it.  Until pretty much ALL isp support it, it doesn't matter if you use it or not..  Most users have no clue about it at all ;)  You sure are not getting users calling their isp saying I NEED IPv6, if you don't enable it I will switch ;)  Now maybe if there was some sites that required it, or for that matter games that "need" it for you to be able to play.. We could get users putting some pressure on their ISP to enable it.

This is an interesting site to keep an eye on

https://whynoipv6.com/

Out of the top 1000 Alexa sites, only 372 has IPv6 enabled

Maybe we could get some traction if say p0rnhub said they were going IPv6 only - then the whole planet would be screaming at their ISPs that they need it ;)

• Like 1