Firefox 0.8

A tab size question, since I can't use TBE anymore, how do I adjust the tab size to make them smaller?

/edit- Also, is there an extension to have drag and drop links? Just as MyIE2 does, you just drag the links or text on the page to open a new tab?

Edited by myie2_user

A tab size question, since I can't use TBE anymore, how do I adjust the tab size to make them smaller?

/edit- Also, is there an extension to have drag and drop links? Just as MyIE2 does, you just drag the links or text on the page to open a new tab?

Why can't you use TBE? It can do both those things...

I don't know why they changed names, Firebird sounds better than Firefox!

How about Firewood, Firefood, Firedog, Firemouse, list goes on

:wtf:

what a ****ing ignorant noob. do some research before you go on a little rampage about something so meaningless as a name of a program. its the programs function, not the name, that makes the product.

they changed the name cause of copyright issues. and alero its called firebird not mozilla. why would they call it mozilla 2.0.? so what if we like using firefox, what do u use that makes u think ure better than us?

Oh no was I insulted by a noob?

And I'm a noob, why?

they changed the name cause of copyright issues. and alero its called firebird not mozilla. why would they call it mozilla 2.0.? so what if we like using firefox, what do u use that makes u think ure better than us?
I know its called firebird/fox. But its going to replace Mozilla 1.x, so why avoid confusion and just call it Mozilla 2. Firefox is their next line of browsers anyways.
what do u use that makes u think ure better than us?

I use Firefox too, I just think the names dumb. I don't think I'm "better" then you.

Edited by alero

what worry me about is that a name causes that much controversy, its just a name, it doesnt determine how good is the software or how bad it is

I know its called firebird/fox. But its going to replace Mozilla 1.x, so why avoid confusion and just call it Mozilla 2. Firefox their next line of browsers anyways.

Mozilla is one product, it's a suite of programs integrated into one monstrosity - the most populare component is a browser. Firebird is another product, it's just a browser and part of the mozilla suite. There are some browsers that are even more stripped down versions of mozilla (they don't even do FTP). The only thing they have in common is that they share the same engine.

Firebird is a stripped down browser for people who are not interested in any of the features of mozilla aside from the browser.

It's like Microsoft Office Pro vs Microsoft word.

EDITED to fix wrongness.

Edited by the evn show

from what I understand Firefox won't replace Mozilla until Firefox hits 1.5 and that is still ways away

now where can I get this Pinstripe theme for Windows???

hurry up with porting it already.... ;)

looking awesome, can't wait

on that same note, what resources are there to make your own theme for Firefox..

now don't hate me if it seems really easy, but I wasn't able to find anything at mozilla.org or through google

works for me... I didn't even know i could do that! good tip.... I just dragged a link into the address bar and it worked, dragging it into an empty space on the tab bar made a new tab for the link too :cool:

works for me... I didn't even know i could do that! good tip.... I just dragged a link into the address bar and it worked, dragging it into an empty space on the tab bar made a new tab for the link too :cool:

Yea but that's more like super long drag and drop, I just want super drag and drop right on the page (like MyIE2), not to the address bar :p

ok thanks!

more questions:

how can i enable cookies? even after i check enable cookies it still logs me off of neowin.

is there a theme that makes it look like internet explorer? i'm homesick :( lol :p

do the automatic tag things not work on neowin?

One of two ways to get it to work. One - Bookmark the site. This always works (at least for me). Or two, click tools, options, privacy, enable cookies for originating website only!

As for themes, look here http://texturizer.net/firefox/themes/