Kenosha Shooting: 17-Year-Old Kyle Rittenhouse Arrested In Connection With Shooting That Left 2 Dead, 1 Wounded

On 11/11/2021 at 20:25, tmorris1 said:

I'll look for my source later.  Whether he was a paramedic or not, he pointed a gun at someone and got shot?

He pointed a gun at someone who had just shot and killed someone else...right?

On 11/11/2021 at 18:21, HoochieMamma said:

You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

How man mass shootings have you guys had again? I lose track.

The better question should be, how many were Democrat/Antifa/BLM operatives? Look at the Rittenhouse case, and you know.

Australia is regretting having given up their arms. If the US falls, the world falls. It is just that simple.

https://www.freshoffthepress.org/antifa-member-shot-by-kyle-rittenhouse-just-admitted-the-truth/

Antifa Member Shot by Kyle Rittenhouse Just Admitted the Truth

excerpt from the article...

Antifa Member Admits the Truth

The two individuals who Rittenhouse killed were child molester/Antifa psychopath Joseph Rosenbaum and Antifa agitator Anthony Huber. Rittenhouse also shot far-left activist Gaige Grosskreutz, blowing away his entire upper arm.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

On 12/11/2021 at 13:48, Sun-Tzu said:

The better question should be, how many were Democrat/Antifa/BLM operatives? Look at the Rittenhouse case, and you know.

Australia is regretting having given up their arms. If the US falls, the world falls. It is just that simple.

Where do you come up with your stupidity?

No one here regretted anything, there was *1* mass shooting at Port Arthur that caused our country to pull together and remove the ability to have rifles and shotguns for the general public.

It was honestly the best thing this country ever did. Not once has there been any mass shooting since that I can remember. In America? Looks like school shootings are your favourite pastime in the eyes of the world.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australia-marks-25-years-since-worst-mass-shooting-2021-04-28/

Edited by HoochieMamma
  • Like 5

On 11/11/2021 at 19:42, tmorris1 said:

From my understanding he isn't a trained paramedic.  He knew first aid from working as a lifeguard.  What paramedic carries an illegal gun?  He was shot for pointing a gun at someone

And your understanding wasn't put forth in court.

Opinions, everyone has one (or more).  Yours are no more valid than others.

The law and courts will decide the outcome.

• Like 2

Word I'm hearing, is preparations are being made to expect riots when, and if, Rittenhouse is freed. LAW & ORDER. These dates are the reason or one of the reasons why the founding fathers put the second amendment 

into the constitution. Not just for hunting, not just for defense of ourselves, but defense against a tyrannical government.

6e6b02f6447fe288.thumb.png.8a34ed4b3652539473561bef3dcaa649.png

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 11/11/2021 at 21:16, Sun-Tzu said:

Word I'm hearing, is preparations are being made to expect riots when, and if, Rittenhouse is freed. LAW & ORDER. These dates are the reason or one of the reasons why the founding fathers put the second amendment 

into the constitution. Not just for hunting, not just for defense of ourselves, but defense against a tyrannical government.

This thread, Link is the appropriate place for your 2nd Amendment announcements.

On 11/11/2021 at 19:26, Raze said:

Please provide sources for the news items you post.  TIA

Ask, and ye shall receive... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/lone-survivor-in-kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-acknowledges-unholstering-his-own-gun-worrying-about-teens-safety/ar-AAQrRNW

Lone survivor in Kyle Rittenhouse shooting acknowledges unholstering his own gun, worrying about teen’s safety

So yes, he had a gun and is the ONLY survivor of the incident.. so yeah.. I was correct.

On 11/11/2021 at 14:51, Jim K said:

He is going to get off. 

That judge has shown clear bias from the very beginning (such as the prosecutors couldn't describe the people Kyle killed "victims" but the defense could describe them as a "rioters", "looters" and "arsonists")

That there were rioters, looters and arsonists is obvious; A = A. Do you call a hog a squirrel?

Their "victimhood" is a matter for the jury to decide after deliberating.  Calling them "victims"  is prejudicial before and during the trial, which is why the judge barred it.

BTW: Judge Schroeder was appointed by WI  Gov. Anthony Earl (D) in 1983, and been re-elected every election since. He's an old-school Midwestern judge - don't pull any BS in his court or the hammer falls. The prosecutor did and paid for it 

Edited by DocM
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/11/2021 at 21:31, Sun-Tzu said:

Ask, and ye shall receive... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/lone-survivor-in-kyle-rittenhouse-shooting-acknowledges-unholstering-his-own-gun-worrying-about-teens-safety/ar-AAQrRNW

Lone survivor in Kyle Rittenhouse shooting acknowledges unholstering his own gun, worrying about teen’s safety

So yes, he had a gun and is the ONLY survivor of the incident.. so yeah.. I was correct.

Thanks

I didn't say anything about whether you were right or wrong.  No reason to fuss.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 22:16, Sun-Tzu said:

Reality check: If a tyrannical government in the 21st century wants to end you, they're going to end you whether or not you have an unlimited supply of what you think are proper defenses. And yes, we've saw this play out almost a dozen times the last decade or two. Your type of thinking might have been applicable when the 2nd amendment was conceived, but 200+ years later? Yeah, not so much.

On 11/11/2021 at 23:25, shockz said:

Reality check: If a tyrannical government in the 21st century wants to end you, they're going to end you whether or not you have an unlimited supply of what you think are proper defenses. And yes, we've saw this play out almost a dozen times the last decade or two. Your type of thinking might have been applicable when the 2nd amendment was conceived, but 200+ years later? Yeah, not so much.

The 2nd amendment applies as much to personal, familial, and third party defense as it does revolutions.  See the Heller and McDonald decisions.

Michigan made it much clearer in the 1835 Territorial Constitution, language which has been in ever State Constitution written since (1837 - today)  

Article I, § 6: "every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state"

On 11/11/2021 at 23:21, DocM said:

This isn't the UK system, so there are sometimes glaring  differences.

KR's shoplifting comments were  excluded as being prejudicial and temporally  disconnected from the Kenosha events. The judge had ruled, but the prosecutor kept on - a good way to tick off said judge. The proper thing would be to have a conference in the judge's chamber and hash it out again, but nooo...stuck on stoopid.

The prosecutor hitting KR for his pre-trial silence is a bright-line violation of his 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination. It's been  improper to use that since the Miranda v. Arizona decision in 1966.

Oh I agree that the prosecutor screwed up BUT I think the judge is pretty biased in this case and excluding Rittenhouse's attitudes massively weakens the case against him.  It's a lot harder to show it was premeditated if you can't tell the jury he's expressed a wish in the past to kill.

On 11/11/2021 at 23:38, DocM said:

The 2nd amendment applies as much to personal, familial, and third party defense as it does revolutions.  See the Heller and McDonald decisions.

Michigan made it much clearer in the 1835 Territorial Constitution, language which has been in ever State Constitution written since (1837 - today)  

Article I, § 6: "every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state"

I understand what it says and means, doesn't negate anything I said though.

On 11/11/2021 at 23:39, FloatingFatMan said:

Oh I agree that the prosecutor screwed up BUT I think the judge is pretty biased in this case and excluding Rittenhouse's attitudes massively weakens the case against him.  It's a lot harder to show it was premeditated if you can't tell the jury he's expressed a wish in the past to kill.

The defendent oriented bias is intentional; you're considered innocent until the jury says otherwise.

On 12/11/2021 at 04:38, DocM said:

You might have the right (that you gave yourselves), but time has shown that many of you don't have the intelligence to exercise that right in a responsible way.  And no, waving a rifle/shotgun/handgun around in the air during highly charged events is NOT responsible, period.

• Like 4

On 11/11/2021 at 20:36, Jim K said:

He pointed a gun at someone who had just shot and killed someone else...right?

According to testimony he felt threatened and was defending himself.  Point a gun at someone and you might get killed.  Rittenhouse can defend himself.

On 11/11/2021 at 21:10, Raze said:

And your understanding wasn't put forth in court.

Opinions, everyone has one (or more).  Yours are no more valid than others.

The law and courts will decide the outcome.

The source I read from was wrong then, I don't know?  The fact that he is a paramedic had nothing to do with the case.  He pointed a gun at someone and he got shot.

On 12/11/2021 at 07:54, tmorris1 said:

The source I read from was wrong then, I don't know?  The fact that he is a paramedic had nothing to do with the case.  He pointed a gun at someone and he got shot.

I didn't mention anything about his status as a paramedic.  And you're beginning to sound like a broken record, yeah, we get it he got shot.

On 12/11/2021 at 00:06, FloatingFatMan said:

You might have the right (that you gave yourselves), but time has shown that many of you don't have the intelligence to exercise that right in a responsible way.  And no, waving a rifle/shotgun/handgun around in the air during highly charged events is NOT responsible, period.

You could say the same for Grosskreutz.  He got shot for being stupid and pointing a gun at someone.  The court case is about whether any crime was committed.

On 11/11/2021 at 21:25, Sun-Tzu said:

972007910_212c8ca7930c8b65(1).thumb.png.44ed3f8c46f034b6a212cc91b7319721.png

He had a gun in his right hand and a phone in his left.

On 12/11/2021 at 07:50, tmorris1 said:

According to testimony he felt threatened and was defending himself.  Point a gun at someone and you might get killed.  Rittenhouse can defend himself.

Obviously ... you might even get killed if you don't point a gun at someone (such as his first two victims).  If anything, Grosskreutz was ill prepared and couldn't stop the active shooter.  Rittenhouse had shot two people by the time Grosskreutz pointed a gun at him...a mere seconds after fatality shooting the skateboard dude.

On 12/11/2021 at 08:12, warwagon said:

image.png.aa77a8284c8f386d2f1412da0831bdf8.png

All I see is a phone :laugh: 

...he did have a phone and it is clearly seen on the video (right hand - gun, left hand - phone ... moment he got shot you can see him drop the phone).

Silly revisionist crap.