Automating Do Not Disturb Based on Location

The default do not disturb only allows you to turn it on / off based on time. 

I work different shifts and not all are in my calendar so I don't want an app to read my calendar but rather use location to turn on do not disturb.

IFTTT seems to work but I was reading something about "Automate" by Llama that can "learn" when I am at work based on cell towers.

Can anyone shed anymore light on this? Tried Automate and couldn't understand the flows thing or what I needed it to check.

Or are there any other apps I should consider?

Cheers

What Android/Phone are you using?  With Android 11 you can set up a rules based on location (System > Advanced > Rules > Add rule) with "Do not disturb" being an option.  I don't know if this is just with 11 (I never used 9-10).

You can also do this using Tasker. While I don't use the DnD option on my phone, I have set a rule that says when I am at home (based on my GPS location)  it should switch the profile to silent, and when I leave the house (i.e. when I am outside of that GPS location) it should switch the sounds on (ringtone, notification tone).

• Like 1

I have a P30 Pro, which I assume is on Android 10 as I don't have that "rule" option.

Will take a look at tasker, although when I used IFTTT, it seemed to drain my battery a little more, even though the location (GPS) is on all the time anyway.

Just now, Sir Topham Hatt said:

I have a P30 Pro, which I assume is on Android 10 as I don't have that "rule" option.

Oh sorry, I should clarify that I created the rule in Tasker! It's a great app for doing all kind of things like this.