Raid crash with autopatcherxp

When j was using udma133 raid in stripping there were no problems, now j just chainged to sata raid and every time j wont to install autopatcher either it reboots or j got a blue screen reporting a hardware error. I try another raid controler but its same.

Everything in computer is the same as j had raid 133.

J got:

Chaintech 7nsj

amd 2600

2 - 256mb 400

gforce 4200

hauppauge pvr350

hauppauge dvbs

2 80gb maxtor sata 8mb

promise 376 raid

Everything is done on fresh install of winxp and sp1a

well the first step to this problem getting fixed, is putting the question in the correct forum :p

BUT....because your a n00b, i'll just send the link to Flish! hehehe

well the first step to this problem getting fixed, is putting the question in the correct forum :p

BUT....because your a n00b, i'll just send the link to Flish! hehehe

Thank you! The next thing (once it's in the right Forum) is to fix the spelling (seems almost every "i" is a "j". Hard to read. :/).

@sascha - Can you give us the info of the BSOD you're getting?

Threads Merged

/Me slaps MapleCookie for getting her panties in a twist over a thread :laugh: :shifty:

Radish?

yes i did

This is very weird... as far as I'm aware, nothing in the AutoPatcher should cause this, but if you're willing. Format your system, and reload XP SP1. Then before you run the patcher, go here:

System Properties --> Advanced --> Start Up & Recovery --> Remove Check from "Automatically Restart"

Then run the AP. This should now let us see the BSOD if you get it again. (Y) Then we can start troubleshooting. :)

strange indeed.... the only BSODs i have seen during startup were because of IDE Controller conflict and because of nvidia beta drivers....

/Raptor

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to dig up an old thread?

but I ran autopatcher on my wd raptors in RAID0 w/o issues... actually I did have a lot of issues, like things were not getting installed and windowsupdate detecting TONS of stuff to install but I think that's what your patch that's stickied is here to fix but I'm digging some more to find more info first! :D

anyway we can give it some huge bold letters aswell :) that way, not many users can ignore it :p

I'm still surprised some do... I mean, the link is on EVERY download page as well. :laugh:

oh I didn't ignore it, I just wanted more details as to what it fixed! Jan Update Patch means absolutely nothing to me. Anyhow I found what I wanted in a thread where you guys were troubleshooting with users. Great job!

well I'm sure you guys do such great work you won't need patches ;)! :D

We try, we try... but like everyone else, sometime a bug slips through the cracks. Brightside, we are always able to fix 'em. (Y)