[VS] Luna

This theme so freakin awesome... i've used it 10 times longed than any other theme it's great.. thanks again people.... Any EYA on v4

I agree .. i was late to the LunaVX craze but i actually kept it for a whole month without even thinking of changing it !! and thats REALLY saying something:p:p

Dont have much time, so will be quick.

Will check problem. Chances ar eit is just button set to borderfill or no background when should have image instead. Wil see into it.

Other problem with toolbar bigger than normal... have found this also, but not sure how to completely fix just yet. will toy with further. In mean time, I ask all SB people to check for me the "Rebar" Classes (all EXCEPT taskbar... it is set to 0,0,-1,-1 to make thinner... could also be reason for fist problem... hmmm) for toolbars and such. Problem may reside in content and sizing margins.

I really love LunaVX. I love it so much that I exported the Wallpaper to my T68i phone and made a micro-theme for SonyEricsson T68i

I really love LunaVX. I love it so much that I exported the Wallpaper to my T68i phone and made a micro-theme for SonyEricsson T68i

Any chance you will release this theme?

--

Neksus

i found 1 problem, it is nothing big but maybe fix for any later releases? i guess i can deal with it for now, lol.

in the image below you can see the height is bigger then what it should be.. for the "go" button, this is for the address bar in your taskbar... i use it... just a little annoyance i notice when i see it... nothing i look at 24/7

http://www.mistical.com/images/gobutton.jpg

http://www.mistical.com/images/gobutton1.jpg

That would be a somewhat irritating bug in explorer rather than an issue with the VS. The only workaround as such is to make the toolbar button image smaller so to speak (i.e add transparency to the top and bottom of it).

hi there,

First thanx for this amazing theme, as a skinner myself, all I can say is that it should be a must-have but ... I have the same problem than someone some posts before :

The package doesn't seem to contain cursors, boot screen pictures and the *.theme doesn't find the wallpaper itself cause it needs it in %Windir%Themes\LunaVX and we can find it in %Windir%Themes\LunaVX\Wallpaper. Moreover, when I set the Luna VX theme in my display properties, no windows appear ... an when I apply it, the classic window style is used by the shell.

A little help should be great ... thx :happy:

hmmm....

I dont understand why that would happen to you, unless there's something wrong with the VS you have or the uxtheme patch or StyleXP you are using. When you apply it, does it give you an error saying something like "The VS cannot be applied. Unknown property" or similar or nothing at all?

Usually (and if youre a new windows XP themer... :p) the reason you see the black windows are thus:

The VS the link is pointing to no longer exists there, and hence It cannot make a preview and has black windows, or you dont have any program or patch to allow you to use unsigned visual styles.

Other than that, I can fix up the wallpaper problem for you if you REALLY want, but if i recall correctly, the default location (ie: the place the wallpaper is in the VX zip file) is actually the same direcoty. Unless Xeon changed it... if so its an easy fix anyway, just open the theme file in notepad and change the directory it points to :p

Anyhoo, im about to sand yet another amendment to Xeon now which will hopefully quash all the little things that people have been asking about. Hopefully.

Cheers!

actually, i just noticed something in the VS that i havent addressed. The update will have to wait until tomorrow guys :p

Plus, my annoying brother is pacing behind me so I'll gonna have to go. :p

Usually (and if youre a new windows XP themer... :p)

Well, not really, lol, I'm skinner since many years now but used windowblinds and didn't know that XP needed a signed msstyle theme to be applied. But now, it's patched and looks just awesome. Tried, used and kept. A huge thx to you for your help. But now, I'm a bit hungry and my desktop feels nude without the cursors and logons :happy:. If it's possible to have another link to this ??? :whistle:

i like this style

didnt like it at the screenshot though, but soi many ppl liked it, so i gave it a try

i like it, still gonna edt the start menu logo though, gonna change it to thaty logo thats at the top of the start menu after the "tm"

if anyone wants it, give me a call

Thanks Xeon Inc. for a great theme.

I have liked other peoples themes before, but I thank you that you have made the effort to make properly a thin taskbar and Window Title bar. What I mean is that I can right click on the taskbar -> Tile Windows Horizontally/Vertically and that there will be no gaps around the borders.

Though I could have asked this anywhere on Neowin. I was wondering what the files in the following folder path are for? I get them in a couple of themes.

E:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\LunaVX\Shell\

The files within this folder are called shellstyles. Theyre new for XP, and provide the snazzy new Explorer "Common Tasks Menu" for XP.

If you havent noticed these I can only speculate you dont have them enabled, which can be done by opening any folder, and opening Tools > Folder Options, then check the radio button for "Show Common tasks in Folders".

Theyre a new feature for XP, and quite useful I may add.

Anyhoo, the files are used to skin this explorer bar. For example, once you apply it and see the bar, try changing to another theme, moving the files from the folder (just for the moment) and reapply the theme. Notice that those taskbar windows are just ugly gray boxes now?

I think you understand now.

You may also notice the new modern Control Panel "Categorized" look. that's the shellstyle too. And you know when you get that irritating message when you open the system drive that says "Contents of this folder are hidden"? That's the shellstyle too :p

So those are shellstyles! And no theme is comlpete without one (except for the classic win9x one that is)