[VS] Luna

finals are in 2 weeks. after that im going to start on a Winamp 5 skin.

@dazza: i have most of the colors taken from the VS, and were put in my winamp skin, but could u send the list so i can use it on the winamp 5 skin?

:blink: Sorry, stupid question, is the download link on page one, the newest ver?

Thanx :blush:

@DJ_Soulless

Yes! Please do! I had a fair few people asking me for the VS but they wanted the port to windowblinds more.

If you do that though, may I ask you collaborate with us when you do? the reason being that there's actually a fair bit more both Xeon and I wanted to do with VX but the windows shell is limiting. So when VX 4 is out and I check it over to get rid of bugs (if there are any), then you can port it, but plz contact me and ill give you a list of things I can currently think of that we wanted to do. thx! :p

I'm ok with that. the only thing is, i cannot create Shutdown diaglos, i'm not good enough, especially to make it a compliment to this fine VS. But Acedriver who is posting here is making some nice Shutdown Dialogs, should you speak to him about it?

I await the return of Xeon and the release of Version 4.

Maybe then you can concentrate a bit more on ColdStart.

are they shells like aston and blackbox?

I dunno about those... in both respects.

Youll have to wait for Xeon to get back to see if that can be done. I mean, DJ has done all the WB ports with Xeons permission because alot of ppl want to see it. Im sure Xeon wouldnt mind ports to different shells, but ask him first.

And in the other respect, I have no idea WTF they are! :p

But it might be interesting ;) just wait a while until Xeon pays his net bill and gets back online :p

i'll let him know about wat's been going on on his thread and see if you guys can port Luna VX w/ his permission, i'll try 2 let you all know ASAP so keep holding on till then :)

Hi There! :D

First of all, I'm a newbie here from Hungary. I hope I won't brake any rules with my comment. : ) I really like Luna VX. It was love at first sight... :woot: or I just thought it was... :blush: then I found a screenshot of the Xeon [O] Saph theme: :woot:

http://www.outsidestudios.ssxh.net/Screenshots/033.PNG

Oh, my! I wanted this instantly. :cry: But... is it ready? If it's ready, can someone give me a download location? :yes:

Thank you!

Note: I tried to search for it, before I wrote this comment.

what visual style is that and where can i get it, that's a nice looking desktop

ok guys i'm talking to Xeon and he says u have his permission to port the VX to other different ports and as far as cold start goes.......it's post poned until further notice, which won't be for a whileee :happy:

what visual style is that and where can i get it, that's a nice looking desktop

:D :D i'm soooooo sorrrrryyyyyyy guys BUT that VS is off limits to the public, it was strictly made for me and Xeon's personal use only....it was my gift for Valentine's Day....tough luck guys ;) :p

acedriver, please release the LunaVX Umicon shutdown dialog when you're ready. Also, is it possible for you to do a GANT one hehehehhee. thanks :D

acedriver, please release the LunaVX Umicon shutdown dialog when you're ready. Also, is it possible for you to do a GANT one hehehehhee. thanks :D

The panel is finished but I can't release it now.. I don't have Xeon permission.. do I need it? saphyre1024, can you talk to Xeon about it..

@Acedriver

I really like the dialogs! Just one suggestion though. To make it fit in to the style a bit more, can you please change the colour behind the icons to the following colour (the background on the start menu):

Actually (and this answer will apply to joyntkid too) i dont have the substitution values with me still, Im hardly ever at home when I use the net anymore :p, but just to test it out change the colour to 228 236 244 please? :yes: :happy:

And im not sure If i have an administrative say in the matter but id be happy to see those in the VX4 package.

PS: can you please contact me at my hotmail address? i wanna give you some icons that go with VX3 theme itself (rather than external icons like GANT etc)

@joyntkid

like I said i still dont have the values yet but "be patient [neo]. the answers are coming." -Morpheus

@blay

Because of the fact that I havent managed to get home and actually d/l Y'z dock and some backgrounds, no, ive had no luck. But I should have plenty of time on the weekend, so hang tight and ill see what I can do.

@DragonP and derek-lakin

That systray go button thing is probably not likely to disappear. It would mean Id have to change all the settings for the entire taskbar and I really dont wanna have to get into that again (groan)

@MikeS2k

Sorry, not yet. If I figure out a way to make it possible to add 4 font types, I may try adding in the "MS Shell Dlg" font option which would allow you to set the font yourself. Until then, no, i like it that way @ size 8.

I think that's it, but I gtg anyways so you better not complain :p

Cheers

hi sorry i think i am being stupid, but how do u install the theme? - do i HAVE to use windowblinds? - is there an site with intructions?

thanks - ps the theme looks perfect from what i can tell :)

To use LunaVX and all other themes on this site, you must first download and install the UXTheme Patch, which will allow you to use non MS-signed themes. You can get it here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707

To install the themes, simply extract the themes to:

C:\windows\resources\themes

To use themes, just open the display properties in windows, and goto appearance, there the new themes will appear if UXTheme patch is installed correctly

:D

Ok next quick question...

is there any way to change the shade of blue... i am a bit bored of blue now windows has been blue for ages... was thinking of a shade of purple... - again do i need to use windowblinds?

or is that a *BAD* thing to do...

so far luna VX has only one color scheme: blue.

I guess its a bit boring, but the way all the sahdes of blue in this one work together is just so good... :drool:

anyhoo, I think Xeon decided that until it was certain there was no problems with the VS, no other colour schemes would be created (which is fair enough, because all it means is extra work when something is wrong)

However, there are plans to introduce more colors in VX4. Im most certain we'll see some kind of olive color, and there may even be a slate scheme. Personally, once I find the right color blend, Im gonna do a green variant as well. Green is hard tho because most monitors are set so that greens arent as "rich" as they are in real life, so its a challenge :p

I mean see this guy? :x < That's a BAD green colour. You wont see any of that.

Anyhoo, the point is there are plans for more colours. And theres no shame in using WindowBlinds... :whistle:

Seriously! :shifty: :whistle:

You can use WB if you REALLY want to... :rofl: :p

I think Xeon decided that until it was certain there was no problems with the VS, no other colour schemes would be created (which is fair enough, because all it means is extra work when something is wrong)

Finally thought i would take a closer look at this theme...after just a quick look i found a number of flaws (see pic)...will try taking a closer look see over next couple days and help you guys find more bugs...also i found theme could use a mouse over or at very least a push effect for the start button....

post-36-1083911792.png

I am aware of those actually :p

Im not sure there is much I can do about the sorry scene with the all programws menu. You see, if you have but one panel to it, it looks fine. You may even notice that the way it is designed, even the favorites menus and recent documents menus dont have the normal problem of the thing sticking out over the side. However, once you have 2, the way that the image is drawn is different (for some weird reason - youd think they wouldve made it different eh?) and unfortunately I cannot fix this problem without either changing the image highlight completely, or mess up how it normally looks.

As far as the arrows are concerned, yes, I really should change them :p

I like fiddling around with VX. Im pretty familiar with it now, and thankfully while Xeon is still away I have time to keep re-doing my updates. Honestly, Its like I say that Ive fixed everything and then someone b*tchslaps me back into place so I can do it again :p :rofl:

Meh, I cant really complain. I like the theme too damn much to complain. Which is why I dont complain.

:happy:

However, its great if YOU guys complain. If you dont like something and it IS a bit of a problem, by all means bring it to my attention so I can put your suffering to an end eh? No need to suffer in silence, and by posting your VX troubles here you can share the pain with others who may have your problem, and I can then put your troubles at ease, or some sh*t like that :p

Edited by Dazza