To Upgrade Galaxy S10e @ Christmas or Not is the Question

Would it be wise to upgrade my Galaxy S10e at Christmas, to Samsung Galaxy S20 FE model thru Sprint/T-mobile,     Plus lately my Galaxy S10e is very slow at receiving text messages for some reason,  no idea why on that part at all,   contemplating upgrading it, and moving some PC stuff i was gonna buy til Birthday in February, therefore affording the Phone shipping/tax fee, and the new case for it,  plus kinda have to stay with Samsung i think, as do have Galaxy Buds as well.     

As for Sprint/T-mobile service been pretty good,  probably would cost more to switch carriers, so will hold off on that part

From someone still on a Galaxy S9+.

I'm waiting until the next release to decide what to do. Unless there was a great sale, the difference between my S9 and the S20 isn't worth it for me to upgrade. 

I'm assuming the difference between the S10 and S20 is even less. Personally, I would wait.

If you're having serious speed issues, you might want to think about factory resetting your phone and manually adding back your apps one at a time.  That has solved many problems for me in the past and I try to do it once every new major Android release. (So, for me, I last did it when I got Android 10) That decision is up to you.

Well i suppose i could possibly wait til S21 release if i decide to, might work on the factory reset in the meantime, and reinstall of the apps,  and see if it works better after that.

Hello,

Have you tried backing up the phone, and then resetting it to original settings just to see if that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Did do a Factory reset, and reinstalled the apps,  the text messages seem to be arriving sooner now than before,   before i'd get a dozen messages in a row,  for example person would say did you get my message, 3-4 times after the first one,  so far seem to be getting on first send now i think

Well Did the factory  Reset,  and still don't receive a family members text messages til about 5-10 minutes later,    Family member is like well i sent them,  then five minutes later they all show up,   can't be my Galaxy S10e, already fully factory reset it, and even installed less apps than i had before.       Not sure if situation will improve if i do upgrade to Galaxy S20 FE 5G or not, or if will be same situation.    Family member has an LG G8X phone thru Sprint/T-mobile as well.    ((unknown if family member keeps there phone and apps up to date or not, mine fully up to date as of this moment)) 

Edited by bikeman25

On 11/12/2020 at 13:12, bikeman25 said:

Well Did the factory  Reset,  and still don't receive a family members text messages til about 5-10 minutes later,    Family member is like well i sent them,  then five minutes later they all show up,   can't be my Galaxy S10e, already fully factory reset it, and even installed less apps than i had before.       Not sure if situation will improve if i do upgrade to Galaxy S20 FE 5G or not, or if will be same situation.    Family member has an LG G8X phone thru Sprint/T-mobile as well.    ((unknown if family member keeps there phone and apps up to date or not, mine fully up to date as of this moment)) 

Since you reset the hardware, the other possibility is network problems.

Have you ever had an iPhone on this line or have you used Google Chat?

I recommend deregistering if you have.

If iPhone, https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

If Google, https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

You will not see an improvement in SMS speed by upgrading to a new phone.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well i tried a factory reset,  i tried clearing contacts and readding,  never used an Iphone,   i can look into disabling Chat in Google Messaging and see if that helps any.      Tried it both on Wifi, and LTE data, still the same though

Previous phone 2 years ago was Galaxy S7, and don't think used Google chat on it as far as i know, but that ones been factory reset for a long long time now