What was the last movie you watched? (2021 edition)

A new year, a new thread! You can find the previous one here.

Tell us all what you have watched recently.

I watched Below the other night. I'm not sure they played on the cramped space enough, and overall I found it quite forgettable. I wouldn't bother with it.

• Nick H. changed the title to What was the last movie you watched? (2021 edition)

I finished 2020 off watching the informer (2019), there haven't been many movies I've really wanted to see this year. Most have been delayed to 2021.

• 3 weeks later...

Double feature: Forbidden Planet (1956) and Destination Moon (1950)

As soon as we get time,

Psych 2: Lassie Come Home on Peacock, NBCUniversal's streaming service.

I watched Outside the Wire.....hmmm, pity...5/10 is fair

Watched The Gentlemen, that was really good..

Started watching Breach with Bruce Willis, turned it off after 15 mins....dreadful

A film that isn't out yet "Boss Level" with Frank Grillo....mega!

1917..very good, cleverly done.

tales of princess kaguya - japanimation

i never watch anime series, but since watching Spirited Away movie, I always give Stidio Ghibli movies a chance, and it is usually a mixed bag..

instead of writing my own review i will just copy someone elses - because it is how i felt.

While visually beautiful, the movie fails to deliver a compelling narrative. It instead relies on the trope of a princess with a mysterious origin and hopes that this concept is enough to fill the entire movie. While the characters are content to puzzle over Kaguya's origin for over 2 hours, the character and animation style failed to keep my interest over the length of the movie.

Anyway, I am back to re-watching Spirited Away every couple of years, and Howl's Moving Castle every 5 years - others i did not enjoy so much.

2 hours ago, Athlonite said:

I just watch a Russian movie called Cosmoball not a bad movie I enjoyed it 

I just looked it up. Ohh what a mess. Graphics look good though. But the plot is all over the place 

If I had kids I would consider this though

Right now I cannot name one movie I want to watch this weekend so I am reading books instead until something good comes out.

Yeah it looks good and yes it's a B grader mainly for kids but there's nothing else worth watchin that I haven't already seen sofar 

Wonder Woman 1984 (meh) and Personal Shopper (much better than I thought it would be).

News of the World starring Tom Hanks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just watched a classic war movie on Netflix titled Kelly's Heroes. Great movie, that don't make them like that anymore.

12 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Wonder Woman 1984, even worse than the first one...that is quite an achievement.

2/10

Yeah, the new one is average at best.

Disagree with the first one though. FWIW, I thought that was one of the better movies of 2017 but it's all subjective I guess.

37 minutes ago, Jumping Jacinta said:

Just watched a classic war movie on Netflix titled Kelly's Heroes. Great movie, that don't make them like that anymore.

Kelly's Heroes rocks.

I've got Sunday lunch with the family, but now I'm in a WW2 mood. This afternoon I might watch Where Eagles Dare.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Kelly's Heroes rocks.

I've got Sunday lunch with the family, but now I'm in a WW2 mood. This afternoon I might watch Where Eagles Dare.

You've got me going now. Time to pull out a few of my favourites in A Bridge Too Far, Bridge at Remagen and the greatest of them all in The Longest Day.

IMHO, the only modern English speaking  war movies that match the classics are Fury and the brilliant Saving Private Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...