What was the last movie you watched? (2021 edition)

30 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Watched Monster Hunter last night. Good movie if you like non stop start to finish action.

Is this related to the game I never played.?

I will have to check it out but for Jovovich alone. 😉

4 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Is this related to the game I never played.?

I will have to check it out but for Jovovich alone. 😉

Not sure.  Never played the game. 

Spoiler

Basically, go to alternate universe...monsters there to fight...come back to own universe and monsters follow.  Looks to be a squeal at some time. 

And yes, Jovovich kicks some ass.  Liked her in the Resident Evil movies and who can forget the Fifth Element.   Heard there is another Resident Evil movie coming out either this year or next.  Not sure if Jovovich is in it as I have not read up to much on it.  Ron Perlman is also in it

On 18/02/2021 at 04:35, techbeck said:

Not sure.  Never played the game. 

Hide contents

Basically, go to alternate universe...monsters there to fight...come back to own universe and monsters follow.  Looks to be a squeal at some time. 

And yes, Jovovich kicks some ass.  Liked her in the Resident Evil movies and who can forget the Fifth Element.   Heard there is another Resident Evil movie coming out either this year or next.  Not sure if Jovovich is in it as I have not read up to much on it.  Ron Perlman is also in it

The resident evil movie that is coming is a reboot and she's nowhere near it last I read. The movie will follow the game closer as well if I remember correctly. 

On 20/02/2021 at 06:39, George P said:

Had time to kill before going to bed so I watched monster hunter. I wish I didn't.  

Yes I tried watching it - I could not force myself so I fast forwarded and it only got worse and worse. I could not make it. It was terrible.

On 17/02/2021 at 20:59, techbeck said:

Watched Monster Hunter last night. Good movie if you like non stop start to finish action.

Good? Good!?!??

Even Jovovich could not make me watch the whole thing. I wish I never bothered. 

On 26/01/2021 at 08:41, Brandon H said:

finally got around to watching X-Men: Dark Phoenix last weekend. Hell of a movie (Y) 

Really that good?  When I saw Apocalypse I was really disappointed

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the Snyder cut to, i liked it a lot, didn't feel the 4hrs tbh.   8/10 if I had to give it a score.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/02/2021 at 19:59, techbeck said:

Really? someone on facebook told me it was slow moving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim K said:

WW1984 ... 🙄

A "meh" movie with a horrible story.

It felt to me like an old superhero movie from the 90s (not in the way they wanted it to be visually set in the 80s).  What I mean by that is that it felt poorly thought out, terrible script, plot-points outta nowhere, campy scenes, abysmal CGI - just a reason to license a franchise.  Everything that WAS wrong with such films and I thought we had moved away from.  And this is the problem with the DC movies - they are utterly inconsistent. Dark tone / silly tone / campy tone / heavyweight tone - all over the place; I get that Marvel switch their movie styles up, but there's an overall agenda that seems missing from DC.

• Like 3

Godzilla vs Kong, good movie though they really went in on the whacky hollow earth idea. 

The people side is always the weak part but this has a good dose of monster action. 8/10 from me. 

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

The Devil's Advocate last night, and Constantine this morning. I'm not sure if that was some subconscious decision or if I knew what I was doing. :laugh:

I'm not sure what I want to put on tonight...something sci-fi, maybe?

Still wish there was a Constantine sequel. Sure it's not like the comics but I still really like it. 

Godzilla vs Kong - was pretty decent.

I too watched Monster Hunter a few weeks ago it wasn't bad but the earlier parts of the movie were crazy mixed with results that I almost turned it off but got better thru the end.

The Librarian the other night and will watch the follow up shortly.

8 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Godzilla vs Kong... I can only suspend my disbelief so far, an incredibly stupid far fetched movie. 4/10

On 03/04/2021 at 14:09, George P said:

Godzilla vs Kong, good movie though they really went in on the whacky hollow earth idea. 

The people side is always the weak part but this has a good dose of monster action. 8/10 from me. 

Watched Godzilla vs Kong

It is exactly what I expected

And that is why I felt like watching it 

So bad it was almost good

18 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

an incredibly stupid far fetched movie

It’s about a big monke fighting a big neuclear iguana. What did you go into it expecting? 😀

• Haha 3

Godzilla Vs Kong - 2/10 - I hated all the human drama, and side quests. The monster fight was stupid, because of course Kong would #getrekt. Good CGI. Crap movie.

Snyder Cut (Justice League) - 8/10 - Loved every minute of it. Cyborg actually matters. Awesome movie.

Birdman - 10/10 - One of the best movies I've ever seen. Maybe even the best.