What was the last movie you watched? (2021 edition)

On 13/09/2021 at 22:12, George P said:

Appleseeds one of those series that has a bunch of different versions it's become a mess.  Plus I'm not that sold on the full CGI option they've went for.

Full CGI isn't the whole story. Appleseed Alpha looks like a Halo ripoff. Talos's men looked like Spartans. Their vehicles look like UNSC vehicles. Hitomi doesn't look like Hitomi anymore; she and Iris both look like that pain-in-the-hat doctor from Halo. (And Iris kinda reminds me of Marlene from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.) Two-Horns and his men look like covenant soldiers from Halo Animated.

One the plus side, Briareos looks like a cool rabbit.

Candyman (2021)  I was let down, maybe since I like the original so much my expectation was high going on.  Instead of sticking to the supernatural/horror side fully, or diving deeper into it, they decided to toss a social injustice mask on top.    I'm not saying not to do it, but there's a better place for hollywood to do it and not in a sequel to a cult classic horror film.   If you can overlook that bit hitting you over the head, repeatedly, then it's average I suppose.  6/10 if I had to give it a score.  

Just watched Free Guy, 8/10 for me.  Though I could see how it's not for everyone and can be a bit corny at times.

On 26/09/2021 at 14:15, Dick Montage said:

GI Joe Origins: Snake Eyes - utterly predictable nonsense.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know the feeling. I've watched two GI Joe films. Won't watch a third one, especially if that bald guy is acting in it. But I know the feeling. Sometimes, the brain needs to unwind, i.e., to stop thinking about methodology and fault tolerance, and see some cartoon violence.

On 26/09/2021 at 12:47, Fleet Command said:

that bald guy

The Rock?  He's not in this - it's not a full-team Joe movie.

I don't dislike him, he is what he is - action hero stereotype #32.

Free Guy - Not bad but I can see why people would not like it, in a way its a turn of brain film and just go along for the ride

Candyman and the new Candyman - First is a classic, the new one is not bad and is a good follow up (if you forget the other two!)

On 27/09/2021 at 12:42, Dick Montage said:

The Rock?  He's not in this - it's not a full-team Joe movie.

I don't dislike him, he is what he is - action hero stereotype #32.

Who's the Rock? No. I was talking about they guy who plays Colton. He's bald (or perhaps balding, if not outright bald) and hasn't played in any movie I'd ever want to see.

If I remember correctly, the G.I. Joe film that I watched had two bald guys. The other one was the same actor who plays in Fast and Furious too.

On 27/09/2021 at 05:37, Fleet Command said:

Who's the Rock? No. I was talking about they guy who plays Colton. He's bald (or perhaps balding, if not outright bald) and hasn't played in any movie I'd ever want to see.

If I remember correctly, the G.I. Joe film that I watched had two bald guys. The other one was the same actor who plays in Fast and Furious too.

Bruce Willis

On 27/09/2021 at 12:37, Fleet Command said:

Vin Diesel?

On 27/09/2021 at 15:34, Steven P. said:

Vin Diesel?

Vin Diesel doesn't play in G.I. Joe, but... LOL... he was in a film called Pacifier! That film was messed up... 😂

Anyway, according to Wikipedia, Colton's actor is Bruce Willis (as in Bruce Lee, without Lee. 😈)  The second guy is Dwayne Johnson playing Marvin F. "Roadblock" Hinton.

On 27/09/2021 at 11:37, Fleet Command said:

That would be Dawyne "The Rock" Johnson.  An ex-WWE wrestler who is currently the second highest paid actor in Hollywood.

Just got back not that long ago from the theater, after so long.  Saw the new Bond movie, No Time To Die, I'm a huge fan so I'm giving it a 8/10.  It's a bit longer than it has to be though IMO.  They could've trimmed it down a little more.  Overall if you've been following the new movies and the whole character arc for Bond, it's a fitting end.

Now to see who they find next and were they go this time.

If you mean new movies I don't remember; I'm not really in to modern movies anymore. I watched Duel  from 1971 last night, again. I've probably seen it a dozen times. Since October starts tomorrow I thought I'd go on a classic horror spree and watch all of the old Universal monster movies, maybe one a night for the whole month. I've got Dracula queued up for tomorrow night. 👻

• Like 2

On 01/10/2021 at 00:50, Skyfrog said:

If you mean new movies I don't remember; I'm not really in to modern movies anymore. I watched Duel  from 1971 last night, again. I've probably seen it a dozen times. Since October starts tomorrow I thought I'd go on a classic horror spree and watch all of the old Universal monster movies, maybe one a night for the whole month. I've got Dracula queued up for tomorrow night. 👻

Duel is a great movie (Y) 

• Like 1

I had to go to a mandatory training day yesterday. It was a pointless thing, but I knew the night before that it was going to be useless. So I decided to watch Office Space to get me in the mood. Another hilarious film. "PC load letter? What the #### does that mean?!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally watched Jungle Cruise. It was more like a rehash of Pirates of the Caribbean. It was about undoing a powerful curse that turned the cursed ones immortal. Why would anyone want to undo such a curse? The details were different, though:

• Instead of Keira Knightly, the MC was Emily Blunt
  • Instead of Johnny Depp, the SC was The Rock
  • Instead of the evil British Empire, it was secondary bad guys were Fascists
  • Instead of undead Pirates, it the primary bad guys were undead Conquistadors
  • Instead of Central America, the setting of the film was South America, which is not far
  • Instead of "Trousers", the British said "Pants"!