Game pad the DO NOT use cheap horrible varistors.

Hi.

(been looking arround the forum and cannot find a similar thread or a better place to put it. Sorry if this is the wrong place)

Ever since arround the time the 360 launched i have had serious problems finding a controller thet is accurate, moderately comfortable ond does not break within a couple of weeks with heavy gaming.

I have been looking arround everywhere for a long time now for a game-controller/gamepad for PC (kinda a Playstation/xbox controller) for my games that simply play better with a controller (yes they exist) 
But i can only find ###### ones i wear out within a couple of weeks. I am getting sick of buying a couple, wear them out and send them in to get new ones. Also, they are usually so inconsistent, espessially the xbox variant.

Beeing stuck with these controllers and those fraction of a dollar varistors kinda feels like beeing stuck gaming on a ball mouse. And the ammount of e-waste these things must generate.

Does anyone know of something better?
Something that is actuall technically superior. like controllers with high grade optical or hall effect sensors.

Edited by the reee
extra info

• the reee changed the title to Game pad the DO NOT use cheap horrible varistors.