Delayed Write Failed

It seems that after installing Jan update, i've started to get this everytime i start winxp unless i remove 1 256MB dimm (got 2x256MB) :(

Any idea?

problem.rdf.jpg

everything worked ok before...and the same once i try and run each dimm individually works ok and 100% stable

Huh. :blink: Doubt very much this is AutoPatcher related, but here's some links:

Q440174 -"Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Manage Files in Windows XP

Q321733 - "Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Write a File to a Server

Q812937 -File Lock or Access Denied Error Message When You Save Files Over the Network

Q816004 - Description of the Event ID 50 Error Message

Now Coincidentally AgEnTsMiTh was having some odd RAM issues (that happened with two sticks, but not with one... and all sticks were fine). He was getting odd mem errors and BSOD's after startin' his PC with two sticks. And he finally figured out it was the Motherboard and now it's all good. :)

delayed write failed...isnt that something to do with the large system cache tweak?? I know ATi warn people to remove that tweak before installing their drivers because it causes file corruption and delayed write failures.. I've not had any issues with it though, it must be specific to certain combinations of software/hardware

I had this caused by my old motherboard (Gigabyte 845 PE667 Ultra), and used to happen several times a day a few days after getting that the motherboard shorted out and died, sent it back to gigabyte, they sent a new one out, and never had the problem again, used exactly same hardware and everything.

I had the same problem.. at first I thought it was my ati card...but it was because I chaged the registry to Enable Large System Cache. I had to disable it...and everything went back to normal..

I had the same problem.. at first I thought it was my ati card...but it was because I chaged the registry to Enable Large System Cache. I had to disable it...

and everything went back to normal..

XP and 2k3

;These settings work best for machines with 512MB+ of RAM.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"DisablePagingExecutive"=dword:00000001

"LargeSystemCache"=dword:00000001

===========================

to disable change the value to 0 and restart

remember to backup..if u want :)

hope that helps

Edited by iomega

Let us know if that works for ya Rudzer! And, just to let you know... none of the regtweaks in the AP change that. So don't get worried about that. :D

You should change those 1's to 0's in the registry to disable that feature, the 1's mean it's enabled.

And it IS the ATI card not the setting per se, all other video cards can do that registry setting just fine, only using an ATI card with Catalyst drivers produces the error 100% of the time.

ATI has a possible workaround if you still want to use the tweak but I never tried the workaround, after I go hit with it.

http://mirror.ati.com/support/infobase/4217.html

Looks like this was the problem:

AGP graphics with large AGP resource requirements (AGP aperture greater than default)

seems to at least get into windows again with 2x256MB :)

seems to be all good again, except that windows is cluttered with crap :)

me = one happy bunny lol

haha Well I'm glad you're back up and runnin', man! (Y) Good job on solvin' the problem! :D

lol Rudzer :) AutoPatcher is innocent! Actually, most of the problems you see in this forum are related to Microsoft hotfixes or bad use of the regtweaks...

/Raptor