Razer support sucks

My Basilisks V2 scroll wheel stopped working properly (super slow on scroll and it also has a bounce effect when scrolling) also, when pressing the scroll wheel button to close a tab, it started closing two tabs. I made this clear in a support request on Aug 25 and they have only been able to respond once a day since. After providing video evidence of the behavior (twice in the same support ticket) and trying the mouse on a different machine without Synapse installed they approved a replacement on Aug 26, but since then once a day they have updated the ticket with yet more procedures to follow. Since that approval I have had to confirm I had the latest firmware in the mouse and then I was forwarded to the RMA team on August 30th.

For example when they "approved" a replacement again on Aug 30th, yesterday (Aug 31) I got another email telling me I could speed up the process by cutting the cord. Because telling me all this when it was originally approved for replacement is too difficult it seems. Today I received another email telling me again that the replacement is approved (based on the photo I had to upload) and that now my cased is being forwarded "to the relevant team".

So it has been a week for Razer to confirm my defective mouse when I provided all that evidence on August 25th.

I will think twice before buying Razer again.

Kinda strange. I didn't have this experience at all with Razer Support.

Everything went smooth and quick. I was nicely helped by their support. Although the Cut Cord replacement is "hard" for me to do so... (when it's a mouse issue).

This is why I have their wired mouse (classic or something - cheaper version)

But will not buy their more expensive stuff like laptops

I really like my wireless Razer Basilisk Ultimate mouse.

I previously had a pricy Asus ROG Chakram (incl. stuttering). But I really like my Asus ROG Strix notebook :D

So, I guess it kinda depends what kind of hardware you're getting from the same vendor.

On 01/09/2021 at 12:29, kiddingguy said:

Although the Cut Cord replacement is "hard" for me to do so... (when it's a mouse issue).

I thought it was odd they asked this too, but I can only assume they will still be able to reproduce the issue and confirm it when they receive it back. They can probably easily replace the wire.

BTW everything did go smooth and quick. I submitted the suppoort request on August 25 and they approved the replacement the next day, but here we are on Sep 1 and they still have not sent it out, instead I got a new reply every day asking me to do one more thing. This is my primary mouse. With Amazon you put a reason for return and you get a return label immediately, upon receipt they send a replacement or refund, which is still all inside a week.

I'm just curious, how does cutting the mouse's cord magically speed up the replacement process? Unless this is some term that I've never heard of before? I don't think I've ever ordered a replacement for anything.

• Thanks 1

It isn't much better on the logitech side, I haven't had a logitech mouse where the middle click hasn't failed EVER! And I've been using them since the mid 2000's - I've just found them to be the best for me when they actually do work correctly.

On 01/09/2021 at 11:55, Nick H. said:

I'm just curious, how does cutting the mouse's cord magically speed up the replacement process? Unless this is some term that I've never heard of before? I don't think I've ever ordered a replacement for anything.

I've RMA'd a wireless mouse before, it must be standard practice for all manufacturers to do this because logitech had me do it too - to a cradle charing dock on a MX1000 (Broken middle button funnily enough) - The replacement also broke about a year or two after the warranty.

On 01/09/2021 at 12:48, Steven P. said:

I thought it was odd they asked this too, but I can only assume they will still be able to reproduce the issue and confirm it when they receive it back. They can probably easily replace the wire.

BTW everything did go smooth and quick. I submitted the suppoort request on August 25 and they approved the replacement the next day, but here we are on Sep 1 and they still have not sent it out, instead I got a new reply every day asking me to do one more thing. This is my primary mouse. With Amazon you put a reason for return and you get a return label immediately, upon receipt they send a replacement or refund, which is still all inside a week.

I did Cut Cord and they never asked me for it to send back to them (for investigation purposes or what more).

So I guess cutting the cord is their way of guaranteeing that you aren't trying to get a second product for free when the first one works perfectly fine? What an odd practice...

On 01/09/2021 at 12:56, cacoe said:

It isn't much better on the logitech side, I haven't had a logitech mouse where the middle click hasn't failed EVER! And I've been using them since the mid 2002's - I've just found them to be the best for me when they actually do work correctly.

I've RMA'd a wireless mouse before, it must be standard practice for all manufacturers to do this because logitech had me do it too - to a cradle charing dock on a MX1000 (Broken middle button funnily enough) - The replacement also broke about a year or two after the warranty.

Maybe it's for not (re)selling it on sites like ebay and alike?! But, you also have to cut the serial number stickers on mouse/adapter, so it's out of warranty anyhow.

Unless... they have a specific chip or connector in the USB-cord (like Apple) this makes sense. If it's just an (altered) USB-micro/mini/C-cord, I don't get the point in doing so.

I will never use Razer again. I had the razer taipan, the cable developed a fault.

They would not allow a return or repair(no reason) after spending 4 months chasing them about it.

I even asked if I could purchase just the mouse usb cable, answer nope.

same issue with my headset.

I now have corsair products and find the quality 100% better and the customer support.

I never had trouble with Razer. Of course, that was several years ago. The 3.5mm headphone I ordered wasn't something I wanted, so I sent it back to them, and they gave me store credit, so I then bought a USB Kraken headset. Same price, just different hardware.

🤔

I've heard a lot of complaints about Razer outside of these forums too; it seems their quality has really gone down hill with their peripherals in recent years :/ 

I've never found the appeal to them anyway outside of the basic part of extra buttons for gaming. never found the need/want to be all RGB'd up on all peripherals.

On 01/09/2021 at 05:56, cacoe said:

It isn't much better on the logitech side, I haven't had a logitech mouse where the middle click hasn't failed EVER! And I've been using them since the mid 2000's - I've just found them to be the best for me when they actually do work correctly.

Strange, can't say I've ever had such issues with Logitech. my only complain with logitech is how their KB/M management software functions, i don't generally use it anymore.

As expected, more delays and now they have got my name wrong too. This is now the 5th person from Razer handling the support ticket.

Hi Kenn,

Good day!

Please be advised that we are currently coordinating with the relevant support team to process the replacement and will provide you feedback within 2-3 business days.

Feel free to contact us back if you need anything else.

We appreciate your time and cooperation and thank you for choosing Razer, Kenn.

Best regards,

Ronnie
Razer Customer Service

• Haha 3

Hi Steven, I talked with Razer people via their subReddit - never the same person as well.

I did not have a problem per se with my mouse, I just was weirded out that it would constantly try to install their custom software.

But the experience was weird.

• Like 2

It just gets better and better /s

(btw this was the second time they asked for a video, and I reuploaded the same one I sent on Aug 25).

August 30

SNAG-0006.jpg

Fast forward to today September 3

Screenshot_20210903-111121_Chrome.jpg

Asking for shipping preference just to use the least preference > check!

I don't think i've ever had a Razer product, mostly because I feel they're over-priced. My Roccat Kone+ has served me well, I can recommend them as a brand.

• Like 2

If they ask you for another video showing the scrolling issue, create a Word document with just "Razer support is sh!t" in 20pt text, repeated over and over on 10+ pages. That should get the message across

On 01/09/2021 at 06:06, Nick H. said:

So I guess cutting the cord is their way of guaranteeing that you aren't trying to get a second product for free when the first one works perfectly fine? What an odd practice...

Maybe they don't want their products showing up on Amazons or the like refurbished/renewed category.

This is been true of Razer for over 5+ years now. Their support is inconsistent and ass. Back when I had razer products cause I wanted to try something new besides Logitech, Razer ######ed me on my buggy ass blackwidow chroma and my Wireless Mamba,

The blackwidow chroma had a known issue in the firmware where shift and some other keys would double press or pressing too many keys (n rollover) would cause the keyboard to freak out and not send any input. Their support couldnt and wouldnt help me, the internet helped me and my keyboard was fine for almost a year after that until i got rid of it.

The Mamba wireless was a buggy ass mess and im not surprised cause Razer's software sucks and they heavily relied on it. Battery level was never right, thing wouldnt charge even when on the charger, contacts clean and the light was on that it was charging. 

They RMA'd it once and then wouldnt again and blamed me. A year later it came out that the Mamba Wireless were buggy as hell and also required a firmware update to fix that support would share on case by case basis. ITS A ###### FIRMWARE, MAKE IT PUBLIC.

tl;dr: Razer is ######, dont buy their products. Their software is garbage, their hardware is mostly trash and their support is absolutely awful compared to Logitech, Corsair, HyperX and hell even ROCCAT (new player in the game, reminds me of madcatz but is much better). 

Yea there pretty bad, I bought a very expesnsive mouse @ $120 it was the razer mamba tournament edition and the thing completely sucked, wouldnt track well, would skip, spin out, lag etc...  They told me to just update the firmware and recalibrate and all that bs that didnt help.  It was too late to return it too cause I waited so long trying to fix it.

I put my G502 aside for the Basilisk because I wanted the Chroma RGB with the Blackwidow Elite keyboard and Basilisk synchronization. The funny thing is, plugging in the G502 I can see it has remembered my settings more than a year since I last used it (RGB lighting preference and DPI etc). I don't even have G Hub installed heheh.

On 06/09/2021 at 11:22, Steven P. said:

It was delivered this morning in a sealed box, so it is going straight on eBay.

...huh? What was the point in going through the rigmarole of getting the replacement if you're just going to throw it on eBay?