Verizon Wireless Prepaid was DOWN in the United States today.

Update 2:15PM CST  9/4/21

Service has been restored in NW Iowa.

-------------------------------------------------------

There is currently an issue/outage affecting most Verizon Prepaid (Not postpaid and maybe AT@T) accounts.

When making a call on your prepaid cellphone you will either get "Call failed", "The number you have called has caller restriction that has prevented the completion of your call." or "All circuits are busy"

Got ahold of someone at Verizon who said my number had been deactivated for some reason.

The Verizon app and the website also errors out for your prepaid account.

Many other people have reported this exact issue on the down detector website all across the country.

There are reports that everyone who has this issue which is pretty much all prepaid accounts, say their number has been deactivated on the Verizon system.

Nobody knows the reason yet... really bad software glitch or was Verizon hacked? 

I just really hope this didn't screw over everyones current sim card.

There is really no info about it on the internet yet other than people commenting on the downdetector website and a posting i made on reddit.

I REALLY don't want to jump to conclusions but it's now been at least 4 hours and no word from Verizon. I really hope they were hacked and their prepaid system hosed.

As of 2020 it appears they had 4 million prepaid accounts. If all 4 million got deactivate ... Yikes!

image.thumb.png.16ff4586842c453fda7c3e377b9c2fba.png

https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/

image.png.7ef6666b04736ae9f7eae0a250d033d3.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This text message just came in. I still can't make calls. How where they able to send the message? Did they have their icloud data hacked and it was over Apple messages?

Not sure how they were able to send the text, as a lot of prepaid people will fall for this thinking they are being compensated for the outage. Wondering how it was sent, as I still can't send text messages to my gf.

image.thumb.png.ac393881ef90fd409c1de605a35fd6e3.png

• Like 1

• +Warwagon changed the title to Verizon Wireless Prepaid was DOWN in the United States today.

Am I the only one who finds it curious that other than this posting, one I did on reddit, the one I posted on the GRC newsgroup  and some "down detector" websites, nobody reported on the outage yesterday? 1 day later there are still no news reports that this even occurred or any news from Verizon telling us what happened.

One running theory on the GRC news Groups, was that  this may have been the transition after they purchased Tracphone and they F*ucked something up.

• Like 1