The Flash (2022: Warner)

The Flash

Date: Nov 4, 2022

Synopsis: Barry Allen travels backward in time, which brings unintended  consequences to his  timeline (FlashPoint) 

Cast

Barry Allen/Flash 1&2: Ezra Miller

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton

Supergirl: Sasha Calle

Iris West: Jersey Clemons

Norah Allen: Maribel Versu

Henry Allen: Ron Livingston

Young Barry Allen: Ian Loh

Tom Curry: Temuera Morrison

Undisclosed: Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Rudy Mancuso, and Luke Brandon Field, more...

Edited by DocM

This would be the best way for them to get fans used to the DC version of the multiverse, like what the next Spider-man movie is doing for the MCU, then they can come in and do crazy team ups and multiverse cross-overs going forward.  I'm all for it.

• 1 year later...
On 13/02/2023 at 01:55, DocM said:

Release: June 16, 2023

Also appearing,

Grant Gustin: alt-verse Barry Allen/Flash (TV series)

Michael Shannon: General Dru-Zod (Man of Steel)

Was he in the trailer? but thats a MAJOR YES!

On 13/02/2023 at 03:21, Matthew S. said:

Was he in the trailer? but thats a MAJOR YES!

He's not in the trailer, but media reports state that Gustin does make an appearance. Also,

Screenshot_2023-02-13-03-44-27-358.thumb.jpeg.5c90d9987973b373eecb4337b3208b02.jpeg

Edited by DocM

Yep, this looks fantastic.  Can't wait!!!

There's talk out there about Christian Bale making a cameo in this.  I personally don’t believe he is in the movie... in this day and age, it is very difficult to keep a major reveal like that quiet. Possible, sure, but not likely.

With that said, they very much want us to believe he is in it. That first scene of the Bale-Like Batpod was preceded immediately by the commentary of “different universes”, then obviously had the similar looking Batpod and Chicago-like Gotham (that’s an assumption by me, could be Central City), but more importantly there was the musical queue (just one note) that sounded very much Dark Knight/Hans Zimmer-esque.

I have no clue why they want to make it seem that way, but the hints are there.

June can't get here soon enough!

Getting ahead a little bit, but a little speculation is fun...

There is talk the new James Gunn team at DC will produce Superman: Legacy, which will introduce his son by Lois Lane - Jon Kent/Superboy.

Also The Brave and the Bold with Bruce Wayne/Batman and his son by Talia al Ghul -  Damian Wayne/Robin 

• Like 1

The trailer looked very good, can't wait to see it and exactly how they're going to reset into the new DCU after.

On 17/02/2023 at 19:05, George P said:

The trailer looked very good, can't wait to see it and exactly how they're going to reset into the new DCU after.

AIUI,

Films which take place outside the DCU will be labeled as Elseworld stories, as in the comics. An example would be the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movies.

Upcoming films (in production)

- SHAZAM: Fury of the Gods

- The Flash (Flashpoint, which resets the DCU)

- Blue Beetle 

- Aquaman 2

God's and Monsters

- Creature Commandos (TV animated)

- Waller (Amanda Waller, Team Peacemaker. Stars  Viola Davis) 

Beginning new DCU

- Superman: Legacy (not a reboot). AIUI, includes Jon Kent/Superboy

- Lanterns (Hal Jordan &  John Stewart, TV)

- The Authority (Wildstorm Comic's team, a DC imprint, comes to DCU)

- Paradise Lost (Game of Thrones-ish founding of Wonder Woman's Themyscira, TV)

- The Brave and the Bold (Batman, Damian Wayne - al Ghul is Robin)

- Booster Gold (TV)

- Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (this was a great comic)

- Swamp Thing (dark horror)

On 18/02/2023 at 18:08, Warwagon said:

I wonder if this movie scores at the box office if they will rethink their new direction.

Even if it does I don't think they want to stay with Ezra and all that craziness.   I fully expect a new flash after this. 

On 18/02/2023 at 10:39, George P said:

Even if it does I don't think they want to stay with Ezra and all that craziness.   I fully expect a new flash after this. 

Ya, but I wonder if they will keep Keaton.

and maybe roll the dice on batgirl.

Flash is the main DC film I've been waiting for, despite Ezra Miller's issues. I'm glad they are releasing it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of controversy when it's comes out. Thestory (and movie) is just too good to throw away. 

Blue Beetle interests me because it was a Charlton Comics title in the '60s that I followed back then. Seems DC picked it up (along with Captain Atom and The Question?) after Charlton went bankrupt. The Question would make an interesting film!

On 19/02/2023 at 00:52, nerim said:

>

Blue Beetle interests me because it was a Charlton Comics title in the '60s that I followed back then. Seems DC picked it up (along with Captain Atom and The Question?) after Charlton went bankrupt. The Question would make an interesting film!

The Question inspired  Rorschach of The  Watchmen.

https://screenrant.com/question-dc-comics-rorshach-explained/#:~:text=Before Rorschach%2C there was The,knows how to walk it.

On 19/02/2023 at 22:20, DocM said:

Thanks for the link!

Yes! I have some of the old 1960s Charlton comic books with Question stories (Charlton & Ditko fan here). Would love to see a Question movie one day... 🙂  

On 20/02/2023 at 13:27, nerim said:

Thanks for the link!

Yes! I have some of the old 1960s Charlton comic books with Question stories (Charlton & Ditko fan here). Would love to see a Question movie one day... 🙂  

In the DC animated Justice League Unlimited, The Question joins after the  Thanagarian invasion. Voice by Jeffrey Combs.