Two totaled...

Happened about a month apart. First was my parents van. Mom was going around a corner and some idiot was in her lane. She swerved or else could have been worse. She was just a little sore. Other guys fault. 

Second was my sister.   She had the green and the guy turning left had an flashing orange arrow. He was driving and turned hitting the front driver side. He was driving a jeep compass and my sister a Nissan Versa. 3 air bags deployed. She was taken to the hospital by ambulance.  Nice seat belt bruise, bruised ribs, hurt her neck and got glass in her arm. Week later she is still in pain but doing better. Chest really hurts and muscle spams. She also has a couple chipped teeth. Other guys fault as well and his insurance is paying for everything. 

Hopefully no more accidents in the family anytime soon but happy everyone is ok. 

FB_IMG_1635196118033.jpg

FB_IMG_1635196027157.jpg

FB_IMG_1635196018325.jpg

FB_IMG_1635196011828.jpg

FB_IMG_1635196005417.jpg

• Sad 3

On 25/10/2021 at 14:52, Jim K said:

Ouch...that sucks.  Glad everyone is ok aside from the lumps and bruises.  

Thanks. Mom is fine sister still in a lot of pain. Specially when breathing.  Bruised ribs are no joke. 

On 25/10/2021 at 17:55, techbeck said:

Thanks. Mom is fine sister still in a lot of pain. Specially when breathing.  Bruised ribs are no joke. 

"Especially" - aren't she breathing all the time?

I am pretty sure I had a broken rib and I know how sucky it can be.

at least they are paying for it and hopefully it will all be well soon.

my last crash I had a neck fracture and concussion both were scary as hell but after 2-3 month the neck healed and he headaches finally stopped. And it was in another country when my travel insurance was expired... Total close to$4000 for hospital and pills

My memory is not great though as this was my 3rd major concussion (2 sporting accidents before) so I hope eventually it will come back but I have hazy memory of anything further then 10 years ago.

Which is wierd because the last concussion the missing memory was everything in the last 10 years but it came back in a day.

Damn I hope I never ever get in accidents again - because I don't think my brain can take another hit... And I still have to use it daily....

• 1 month later...

Title should be changed to 3 cars totaled. Mom totaled her car couple weeks ago.  Ran into the concrete base of a sign in the parking lot. In her defense, her mind was on my gpa, dad's 97 year old father, passing. 

When it rains it pours. 

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...

I hate to be a prick but if you know your mind is elsewhere you shouldn't be behind the wheel.

On 25/10/2021 at 22:18, E.Worm Jimmy said:

"Especially" - aren't she breathing all the time?

I am pretty sure I had a broken rib and I know how sucky it can be.

at least they are paying for it and hopefully it will all be well soon.

my last crash I had a neck fracture and concussion both were scary as hell but after 2-3 month the neck healed and he headaches finally stopped. And it was in another country when my travel insurance was expired... Total close to$4000 for hospital and pills

My memory is not great though as this was my 3rd major concussion (2 sporting accidents before) so I hope eventually it will come back but I have hazy memory of anything further then 10 years ago.

Which is wierd because the last concussion the missing memory was everything in the last 10 years but it came back in a day.

Damn I hope I never ever get in accidents again - because I don't think my brain can take another hit... And I still have to use it daily....

Please avoid the area of Queen and 410 in Brampton, have enough problems with the drivers in Brampton to begin with... (more so for your safety) lol 

• Haha 1

That sucks royally.  Glad everyone is ok though.

PS.  If your privacy is of concern, you might want to scrub the license plate numbers on the photos above.