Stop birds hitting windows

So this is the second time this has happened. We have hummingbirds in our backyard and like to have around for pest control and they're nice Birds. But I don't want them to hit our windows and become injured. Any recommendations to prevent the birds from hitting the windows?

This guy appears to be OK and trying to fly.  Last time this happened, was stunned and took about 30min to recover. 

PXL_20211223_215858502.jpg

• Sad 1

IIRC, there was that same problem with a skyscraper. All they did was put a darker anti-glare sealk over the glass and it kept boards from hitting it. Or themselves.

If you figure it out, let me know because I have Mockingbirds commiting birdie suicide several times a year hitting my back windows.

I'm still looking into it. Ended up having to take the bird to a rehab Wildlife Place. It just couldn't fly. It was eating from the bird feeder I put down there for him but could not take off. So I think the hummingbird injured his wing.

Edited by techbeck
  • Thanks 1

Could try a light frosting with spray paint. I did that to our garage windows after a bird flew from my hood and into the windows several times pooping each time it landed.

On 28/12/2021 at 15:42, Rudnartim said:

Could try a light frosting with spray paint. I did that to our garage windows after a bird flew from my hood and into the windows several times pooping each time it landed.

Yes, but still would like to set me out the window and easily remove if needed. 

On 28/12/2021 at 14:59, warwagon said:

Just hang a fake owl from your window.

With the yearly monsoons the owl will be in the neighbor's yard two blocks over.

• 4 months later...

So far so good. No hummingbird has hit the window again.... . In fact, we have more birds and couple nests in our Mesquite tree.  And looks like one bird may be sitting on an egg or two. 

PXL_20220504_174103435.jpg

Wow! Those window decals/stickers are really doing the trick? Price is right, for sure. Get an occasional tweety hitting my big front picture window here too.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2022 at 11:00, cork1958 said:

Wow! Those window decals/stickers are really doing the trick? Price is right, for sure. Get an occasional tweety hitting my big front picture window here too.

So far. There are different designs and shapes.  Window screens serve the same purpose.