Adjusting volume UI totally broke in my Windows 11 (build 22533) VM

Is it just me or are others having the same results?

VMWare Workstation > Windows 11 Dev Channel (vanilla setup). VM in focus and adjusting volume with my keyboard, well you can see above.

The above is when doing the same thing in a Beta VM (build 22000.376) on the same machine/setup and as you can see the volume slider works fine.

• Thanks 1

Maybe it's going to need a VMWare update?   I don't know when it comes to running a OS in a VM if it's the guest OS with the issue or of it's the VM just not running it right for some reason?   Hard to say.

After a few back and forth on Twitter Brandon Le Blanc (at Microsoft) confirmed there is an issue with Explorer.exe crashing with the new Volume Slider experience that they are investigating

On 15/01/2022 at 09:31, Steven P. said:

After a few back and forth on Twitter Brandon Le Blanc (at Microsoft) confirmed there is an issue with Explorer.exe crashing with the new Volume Slider experience that they are investigating

Nice one! Worked fine for a couple of days for me on my PC, Surface Book 3 and Surface Laptop Studio ..... terribly annoying, but glad Microsft are looking into it!!! 

• 4 months later...
On 14/01/2022 at 11:07, Steven P. said:

Is it just me or are others having the same results?

VMWare Workstation > Windows 11 Dev Channel (vanilla setup). VM in focus and adjusting volume with my keyboard, well you can see above.

The above is when doing the same thing in a Beta VM (build 22000.376) on the same machine/setup and as you can see the volume slider works fine.

do you trying to use the new volume UI
like this button below?

its looks like is named

The redesigned hardware indicator for volume.

UayiiKe3q4NCF7uCAJ8ecA-970-80.jpg.webp