Cancelled my Steam Deck Pre-Order

Welp I've gone and done it, I've cancelled my Steam Deck pre-order. I wasn't projected to be able to place the order until Q3 October or later anyway.

What made me change my mind was coming across the AYN Odin this weekend.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/odin-the-ultimate-gaming-handheld

maxresdefault.jpg

PC gaming on the go would be nice but my primary use was going to be GameCube emulation on it and a couple other emulators.

The Odin is a Switch Lite sized device that is touted to be plenty capable of running those emulators smoothly so I will be picking up the Pro model as soon as I receive my tax return :)

I ripped my copies of Zelda Windwaker and the 3 Metroid Prime games with an original Wii long ago and have wanted something strong enough to play them on the go for years so am excited to pick something like this up. This will be much better portable than the Steam Deck too.

I'll probably still get a Steam Deck at some point, maybe once their 2nd iteration comes out, but the Odin should suit me great in the meantime I think.

Looks pretty slick. 

Have any been delivered yet? Just wondering if there are any reviews out yet. I've had a few terrible experiences with IGG (and other crowd funding platforms) and try to steer clear from them

I've gone back and forth and about whether or not to keep my pre-order (currently should be able to order in Q3) but am probably going to keep it until the very last minute.

yeah they have been shipping; the Lite model just came out but the Base/Pro models have been shipping for a few months it looks like.

they have a few reviews right on Indiegogo and more found on google/youtube. All seem very positive from what I've seen.

Even supports WoA so I may play around with that a bit at some point lol :D

• Like 1