Looking into purchasing a Predator XB273 Monitor

So I'm looking into getting a new gaming monitor since I'm getting a nice i9 with a 3080 TI GPU in a few days but I'm looking at possibility of a different monitor or should I just stay put. I'm mulling around purchasing the one listed below but I'm just hesitant since the monitor I have now isn't to bad.

I currently have an LG 27GL63T-B.AUS 27 Inch UltraGear 

I'm looking into this one: Predator XB273 GZ bmiiprx 27" 

They have the same screen size but the predator has a much higher refresh rate and a few other things. Would I notice a different in screen quality and gaming play with going from 144 mhz to 240 mhz? I'm currently getting 130+ FPS in Warzone with an i7 9700k on a 2070 GPU. 

Is the i9 a 12 version? j/w

For gaming, it doesn't really matter the refresh rate. (AFAIK)

Your new CPU/GPU should run a few laps around your 2070. ;)

Really personal preferance for your LCD. Someone will suggest others. Long as you're happy with your choice, go for it! Can always return! :) 

On 04/04/2022 at 21:32, Mindovermaster said:

Is the i9 a 12 version? j/w

For gaming, it doesn't really matter the refresh rate. (AFAIK)

Your new CPU/GPU should run a few laps around your 2070. ;)

Really personal preferance for your LCD. Someone will suggest others. Long as you're happy with your choice, go for it! Can always return! :) 

You couldn’t be more wrong. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2022 at 00:58, adrynalyne said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. 

You aware what AFAIK means? That means I'm not sure, that's just what I know.

You're not helping the OP..

On 05/04/2022 at 16:45, Mindovermaster said:

You aware what AFAIK means? That means I'm not sure, that's just what I know.

You're not helping the OP..

AS FAR AS YOU KNOW - but you admittedly don't know - so why comment?  @adrynalyne did help buy clearing up the FUD that was posted.

The refresh rate is REALLY important if the user is any sort of gamer.  So YES refresh rate is important - and 240 is lovely buttery smoothness.  I am wholly jealous!

On 05/04/2022 at 12:18, wd40 said:

I'm getting an i9-12900kf with a 3080-ti and 32 gig ram with a Samsung 980 pro 1TB. It's going to scream.  Delivery is tomorrow.  😁

Have fun with it, bro :D

On 05/04/2022 at 18:18, wd40 said:

I'm getting an i9-12900kf with a 3080-ti and 32 gig ram with a Samsung 980 pro 1TB. It's going to scream.  Delivery is tomorrow.  😁

I just dribbled!

Well  I just got the new computer... Installed all updates and now downloading and installing apps and copying over backup files etc. I decided to redownload all gaming files so they are fresh so I won't know how they play until tomorrow. So far so good. Got a CyberPower PC and I did purchase that monitor.