Build 22621 "Standard hardware security not supported" In Device Security

Yesterday I noticed that Core Isolation and and core security information are missing from Device security.

Updated 5 PCs, all 5 PCs are fully windows 11 compatible with TPM2.0, Secure boot and everything... and all 5 that I upgraded so far, have the same exact issue.

Windows Security says I don't have standard hardware security, while MS info shows that its running.

I found similar issues in feedback hub, but those complaints where from 22200 (21H2) build from long time ago, there are few people complaining about the new 22621 too.

image.png.fd69916ed5d0c4623913bad1de539445.png

TPM info

image.png.6b99a7d54b55023fbba19caf65f2ddf8.png

MSinfo shows the security tools are running 

image.thumb.png.4f5d48172003e23287211715b98d697c.png

Core Isolation is dependent on hardware virtualization support, not TPM. Check the bios settings. 

On 27/05/2022 at 09:01, adrynalyne said:

Core Isolation is dependent on hardware VT, not TPM. Check the bios settings. 

Hardware virtualization is running...

image.thumb.png.c536ab6381ab40658ee7e2d9abf1d414.png

and hardware virtualization on or not.. the device security tab in windows security should show security processor aka the TPM.

Windows 11 21H2 for comparison...

image.png.72e575cc3a10a68892f438cccb555edb.png

in Windows 11 22H2, it shows neither.

On 27/05/2022 at 07:07, nekrosoft13 said:

Hardware virtualization is running...

image.thumb.png.c536ab6381ab40658ee7e2d9abf1d414.png

and hardware virtualization on or not.. the device security tab in windows security should show security processor aka the TPM.

Windows 11 21H2 for comparison...

image.png.72e575cc3a10a68892f438cccb555edb.png

in Windows 11 22H2, it shows neither.

Do you have Hypervisor Platform installed? I’m going off memory; I’m not at my computer yet.  

So... what you're trying to get back, is what I have pictured?

Possible that you, like the others ran into an interesting bug as it were.. where every app you use to check shows you're running all the necessary requirements and Windows just isn't cooperating with it. Wouldn't be the first time. 

Funny enough.. when I recently upgraded my video card, or any time I upgrade hardware... I run Hardware-Info or HWInfo64 to double check specs and features. It showed me, that somehow.. AMD-V and Secure Boot was in the "red", in other words.. they are there but not enabled. Apparently got turned off when I updated the BIOS... and Windows never even blinked. Nothing reminded me that the security features for 11 were turned off. Made zero sense.

So... I go by third party apps to double check system protection items as well as making sure, like you did.. to double check with other machines that run similar hardware.

Untitled.jpg

all u have to do is have 1 unsuported feature and it will say that

Standard hardware security not supported

This means that your device does not meet at least one of the requirements of standard hardware security.

my pc is also windows 11 compat and that also says the same thing

what build are you on?

and yes, HWinfo says everything is enabled (except encryption), which is correct, just like MSinfo.

image.png.2007a3c862651b7b6541ebd8036a932c.png

On 27/05/2022 at 10:11, DKAngel said:

all u have to do is have 1 unsuported feature and it will say that

Standard hardware security not supported

This means that your device does not meet at least one of the requirements of standard hardware security.

my pc is also windows 11 compat and that also says the same thing

it was fine in 21H2. all 5 PCs that I upgraded where fine in 21H2.

Now all 5 in 22H2 are not.

according to Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/device-protection-in-windows-security-afa11526-de57-b1c5-599f-3a4c6a61c5e2#hardwarescore

Your device meets the requirements for standard hardware security

This means your device supports memory integrity and core isolation and also has:

TPM 2.0 (also referred to as your security processor)        CHECK

Secure boot enabled                                                                CHECK

DEP                                                                                              CHECK

UEFI MAT                                                                                     CHECK

I rolled back to 22000, and everything is restored, same PC, not only do I meet the standard hardware security, I meet the enhanced hardware security

image.thumb.png.4d49b7619262c4e58528169fb58b9812.png

There is definitely  a bug in 22621 (final) 22H2 build.

On 27/05/2022 at 11:15, slaughterhus said:

there is a bug report about this on feedback hub

I saw it... but that bug report was from 10+ months ago for 22000 build in early days...

Microsoft responded that it should be fixed in 22000.100, I guess they broke the same thing again.

Now few people added comments that same is happening on 22621

• Like 2

Sounds like a bug related to something in your hardware set up.. seeing as others, like myself, aren't having that issue with 22621.

Fire up that report, add it to the MS list... let's see if they fix it here soon enough. I mean, we still have what, five months before it's released to the public?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem bro. Will it get fixed or should I rollback too and can I roll back without any data loss? Thank you for bringing this up couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

It seemed that there are two problems with Windows Security on 22621 for anyone "upgrading", device security not supported and the mising of App and Browser Control section, hope this will be fixed soon tbh

On 07/06/2022 at 21:09, ahmedshujah123 said:

Same problem bro. Will it get fixed or should I rollback too and can I roll back without any data loss? Thank you for bringing this up couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

If you roll back, you won't loose any files but any programs that you installed or upgraded since the install of 22621 will probably be gone.

On 10/06/2022 at 07:53, itomirai said:

It seemed that there are two problems with Windows Security on 22621 for anyone "upgrading", device security not supported and the mising of App and Browser Control section, hope this will be fixed soon tbh

just the windows security section of settings got screwed up, according to msinfo all the security options were still running, you just lost info and control of it.

Hello, I am new here, I have come to this post looking for information about this problem, my laptop meets all the requirements, including enhanced security, and I also have this problem after installing 22h2, I have already sent a report to Microsoft, I It happens exactly the same as nekrosoft13, greetings from Spain.

Captura de pantalla 2022-06-12 000234.png

On 10/06/2022 at 20:21, nekrosoft13 said:

If you roll back, you won't loose any files but any programs that you installed or upgraded since the install of 22621 will probably be gone.

just the windows security section of settings got screwed up, according to msinfo all the security options were still running, you just lost info and control of it

Thank you so much bro. I'll just let it run they'll probably fix it when the stable version drops.

On 12/06/2022 at 03:35, RHP said:

Hello, I am new here, I have come to this post looking for information about this problem, my laptop meets all the requirements, including enhanced security, and I also have this problem after installing 22h2, I have already sent a report to Microsoft, I It happens exactly the same as nekrosoft13, greetings from Spain.

Captura de pantalla 2022-06-12 000234.png

We have posted the news so Microsoft should be aware of the issue by now. I believe they will re-fix the issue soon. 🙂

I'm on 22621.160 (Beta) and the problem is still there for sure. There is also 22621.105 for Release Preview so it would be nice if someone check that version.

unknown.png

• Like 1

On 15/06/2022 at 05:04, itomirai said:

I'm on 22621.160 (Beta) and the problem is still there for sure. There is also 22621.105 for Release Preview so it would be nice if someone check that version.

unknown.png

I'm on the release preview. The problem persists for now. It's not fixed yet anywhere that means bummer.

• Like 1