AutoPatcher mentioned in Information Week!

It's not a massive mention, but it's there nevertheless. In this article: Successful Updates Despite Very Slow Connections There's mention of the AutoPatcher on the third page:

Exceptions To The Rule

There's a "gotcha" lurking in some downloads: What appears to be an Update file may in fact be only a small loader file or the front end of a much larger download. If you run into these, note that many of these larger downloads--such as Internet Explorer 6--offer a "custom" install which includes a "save to disk" option. This lets you download and save the update files without actually installing them. Once the files are saved, you can then move them to a different PC for installation there, exactly as described earlier.

Microsoft also offers some large updates by CD for just a few dollars. For example, you can order Internet Explorer and its Service Pack 1 patch on CD for $5. Poke around the Microsoft site to see what else is available.

Some third-party sites also sell or distribute aggregated patches that can be downloaded on one PC, burned to CD, and carried to other locations. Although these are unofficial services not sanctioned by Microsoft--and which may carry their own security risks--they may be worth looking at, especially in extreme cases where huge numbers of files are needed. See, for example, the AutoPatcher service.

Don't let a slow connection tempt you into running an unpatched or unprotected PC: With just a little effort and ingenuity, you can work around even the worst bottlenecks and still keep your PC fully up to date!

So, well... I was just happy at the mention and thought I'd share. :)

I just wanted to post to something to show off my cool new avatar.  Thanks a lot Flish!!!!!!!

:laugh:

No prob, man. (Y)

@eds - lol Don't worry... we won't! :D

always thought autopatcher would show up on somesite soon or later :p

lol It's been on a few, this one is just more recognized than a lot of the others. I mean, I was actually interviewed via telephone for one site once and I'm sure no one here has listened to it. lol

By the way, lovin' your sig! :D

lol flishy! they actually interviewed you!???

/Raptor

Not Information Weekly, but another site did, yeah. It was just when the first release of the AutoPatcher came out. (Y)

lol - how come you never told me!! lol... so you actually got a phonecall by a guy who wanted to interview you!! wow...

/Raptor

Yeah was pretty cool! Unfortunately I was nervous and probably sounded like a goof, otherwise I'd find it and post a link. hahaha

lol! i can imagine you were shocked as well!! I wish i could see your face when the guy called and told you what he wanted :p

/Raptor

You're right... I was... I had no time to prepare, had no idea what he'd ask, etc. I was told by Maple I did well, but she's biased. haha