Anyone else get refunds from google today?

I just randomly got 3 $9.99 refunds from google, without any info regarding why.

They are all for my monthly payments for 2tb google one storage. First refund was for my march payment, second April, and third may.

My account appears to be in good standing, and Still have my 2tb of storage. Also still shows as an active subscription.

Did anyone else get refunds? Did they change a policy, get sued, or ?

i did just contact support to make sure it wasn't an error, and to ask why.

vivaldi_2022-06-01_21-53-59.png

vivaldi_2022-06-01_21-54-05.png

Google finally emailed me.

Hi,

We are writing to inform you of a miscalculation in our Google Photos storage system that affected a limited number of people, and may have impacted you. It has since been fixed, and any photos or videos you backed up during this time continue to be safely stored in Google Photos.

What happened: We may have inaccurately counted photo and video uploads towards your storage quota that is shared across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.

How you may have been impacted: Our records show that you purchased a Google One subscription, which may have been due to this issue. For example, you may have purchased a plan because we mistakenly let you know that you were out of storage space.

As a result, we have refunded your last three months of Google One subscription fees. This will not affect your Google One subscription status and the affected photos and video uploads will continue to be stored in the quality they were uploaded. No action is needed, but you can change or cancel your subscription if you no longer need additional storage. You can log into your account to view your adjusted quota usage.

We apologize for this mistake and any inconvenience it may have caused. If you have any questions, contact Google One support.

Thank you,

Your Google Photos Team