Help Required for my USB microphone

Hi everyone. I have a USB microphone that is not malfunctioning (i can check and see it's working on other PCs). In this particular Dell G5, 11800H laptop, it doesn't appear to be working.

If I click on sound then recording, it does not display any bars for the microphone. Furthermore, the levels tab shows nothing and advanced tab is also missing.

If I uninstall Intel Smart Sound technology from control panel, it works for a moment and then again stops working. because of this, I am not able to use this USB microphone on this PC. 

Please look at screenshots attached. I have tried everything from restarting PC to replugging microphone to uninstalling and reinstalling sound driver.

If I turn my wifi off and uninstall all audio drivers, then the USB microphone  also appears to work.

It seems as if Intel Smart Sound Technology is the culprit but how do I fix it? The USB microphone works in other PCs fine.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

sounds like a bad/corrupt driver issue on the one PC

try checking the manufacturer site to see if there's a driver available to download and install manually. Or if that doesn't pan out then see if the device shows in device manager to uninstall; once uninstalled unplug the device and reboot and plug device back in after logged on.