She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Disney+)

On 11/09/2022 at 19:24, sava700 said:

Absolute trash - Disney is ruining things as usual and milking the demographic.

Stopped watching after 10mins...

Watched new Thor and was again put off by the obvious same sex desires shown by two actors.

Why?? Does not need it added at any point or any reference to such.

Lol, you pour little sensitive snowflake.

On 12/09/2022 at 01:30, PmRd said:

Lol, you pour little sensitive snowflake.

So, someone who doesn't like something that you like, is a snowflake?

That tells me much about you. :p

On 13/09/2022 at 16:36, FloatingFatMan said:

So, someone who doesn't like something that you like, is a snowflake?

That tells me much about you. :p

What? I'm not the homophobe. Did you even read what he wrote?

Edited by PmRd

On 13/09/2022 at 22:03, PmRd said:

What? I'm not the homophobe. Did you even read what he wrote?

Sure did, and I agree.  There's nothing "snowflake" about being annoyed by filmmakers injecting gratuitous same sex relationships into a plot that serves literally ZERO purpose other than to tick boxes.  The same applies to ANY other kind of relationships too.  If it serves no purpose to further the plot in some way, especially in an action movie, then it's nothing but box ticking.

On 14/09/2022 at 09:23, NinjaGinger said:

If a space alien came to earth and watch some telly, I'm sure he [not politically correct btw]  same-sex relationships were the most common thing on Earth.

It all really comes down to this.  If romantic scenes add something tangible to the story the movie is telling then fine, but otherwise?  And if it's called for, and especially when you're using existing fandoms, keep it appropriate to the story you're telling.  If you establish a character as LBGTQ+ from the very start and a romance fits the story then I don't care, but if DC have Lois Lane cuddling up with Supergirl, or Marvel have Peter Parker eloping with Flash Thompson... I'm gonna bleeping well lose my sh**! :p

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/10/2022 at 16:51, Innervisions33 said:

It took a bit longer than it should have, but we finally have a hit episode. 👍

Yea, finally.  I guess one should watch episode 1, skip episodes 2-6 and pick it up again at 7.  Regarding episodes 2-6...they just seem like filler...not sure they've really contained anything worthwhile?

On 06/10/2022 at 21:46, Jim K said:

Yea, finally.  I guess one should watch episode 1, skip episodes 2-6 and pick it up again at 7.  Regarding episodes 2-6...they just seem like filler...not sure they've really contained anything worthwhile?

Yeah... bits and pieces of details that lead to what happens in 7 and I assume 8, but mostly filler.  Some filler here and there is fine, and I was good with it through episode 4 but it really dragged with 5 and 6.  

The one thing that She-Hulk taught me was that you don't have to like or watch all the MCU movies and series. 

Bringing in Daredevil was cool (One of my favorite marvel shows and Vincent D'Onofrio as kingpin is still one of my favorite villain's) but I just don't like the story. 

On 07/10/2022 at 14:30, spacelordmaster said:

I'm sorry but this series is a total flop. Stupid is not even enough to describe this garbage.

It's definitely their weakest show by far. A couple laughs and not much else.

• Like 1

I'm sure the final episode will get mixed reviews because... the internet!... but I enjoyed it.  Still think the season was up and down but it finished in a way I did not expect and I found myself laughing more often than not during the "twist."  

• Like 1

I thought this show was fun and clearly didn't take itself serious. 

‘That’s what hulks do. We smash thing. Bruce smashes buildings. I smash fourth walls and bad endings. And sometimes Matt Murdoch.’

That's some funny ######. 

Also loved when she asked about the Xmen

On 14/10/2022 at 05:41, mudslag said:

I thought this show was fun and clearly didn't take itself serious. 

‘That’s what hulks do. We smash thing. Bruce smashes buildings. I smash fourth walls and bad endings. And sometimes Matt Murdoch.’

That's some funny ######. 

Also loved when she asked about the Xmen

yep, not a great series, but the last two episodes were enjoyable