Which 5 movies do you wish they'd never made sequels for?

Toy Story 3.

How Toy Story 3 ended was perfect.

While Toy Story 4 is okay as a film, they shouldn't have included the main cast and did it as a spin off, not even calling it Toy Story at all.

• Facepalm 1

On 31/10/2022 at 09:23, Kelxin said:

Pretty much everything put out after 2001 that was a sequel.

You are referring to:

• Every single film that Marvel has ever made
  • Every Kung Fu Panda film
  • Some of the Pixar's most acclaimed films that have won in excess of 100+ awards
  • All Dragon Prince films

I hate to be you because you don't seem to enjoy some of the finest films ever made.

On 30/10/2022 at 12:07, Fleet Command said:

I watched that film a long time ago. I don't remember any prostitution scenes. Maybe that's because the bloodbath at the end stands out.

The movie is Taxi Driver one of the best movie of all time and no there's no such scene.

On 30/10/2022 at 11:07, Fleet Command said:

I watched that film a long time ago. I don't remember any prostitution scenes. Maybe that's because the bloodbath at the end stands out.

On 31/10/2022 at 13:43, LaP said:

The movie is Taxi Driver one of the best movie of all time and no there's no such scene.

Her character was a prostitute.  No one said anything about "prostitution scenes"

Suffering from insomnia, disturbed loner Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro) takes a job as a New York City cabbie, haunting the streets nightly, growing increasingly detached from reality as he dreams of cleaning up the filthy city. When Travis meets pretty campaign worker Betsy (Cybill Shepherd), he becomes obsessed with the idea of saving the world, first plotting to assassinate a presidential candidate, then directing his attentions toward rescuing 12-year-old prostitute Iris (Jodie Foster).

On 28/10/2022 at 07:05, FloatingFatMan said:

Horror movies are one thing, but I will NEVER understand how people can enjoy either watching OR making "gore" movies.  I think there's something seriously wrong with you if you enjoy that kind of thing, and should probably seek professional help...

I was never a fan of gory horror films either. Or even Horror for that matter. I watched the Hellraiser films I think late 90s or early 00s due to some people recommending me to see it. Once and never again. The whole flesh thing with hooks ripping it off still disturbs me.

In the Mouth of Madness, 1994? was another disturbing film. Event Horizon 1997 had similar bits but it was more suspense/jump scares with small gory parts. Then you had the 2006 film Slither. That has to be the most disturbed film I've ever seen. It was really grotesque. 

The Thing 1982 was enjoyable but still had some disturbing scenes.

Then you had that Aliens vs Predator Requiem, 2007? The scene when one of the Aliens does something awful to the pregnant woman in the hospital bed.

Species II 1998 was another grotesque disgusting one related to pregnancy deaths.

Lots of Horror films I simply stay away from now. The last one I remember that ended it for me was the 2008 film, Mirrors.

Terminator. 1 and 3 were horrible, 2 was decent. Rush Hour. ID4. Men in black, seemed like they lost the whole concept after the first one.

On 02/11/2022 at 09:15, vf- said:

I was never a fan of gory horror films either. Or even Horror for that matter.

I'm with you on that!

I had friends who worked in special makeup effects (most of them passed on long ago), often involving gore and creatures, so it was not as disgusting to me because I knew and saw how the stuff was made out of polyfoam or liquid latex (or rolls of duct tape and chicken wire), but it's not my favorite genre, or sub-genre. 

Edited by nerim