Does anyone wish Android would revert to its 2.3, 3.0 4.x appearance or something just different to the Material UI?

Just been looking through some old screenshots from my Motorola Milestone, Android seemed a lot nicer then, now it just irritates me. Here's a screenshot of 2.3 on my Milestone and the phone's about info when I temporarily tried ICS on it (it was too slow lol). I don't think I'm a great fan of the animations now and Android used to look so futuristic.

No description available.

No description available.

I find that look really quite dated and just reeks of “2000s web”. I love material, but I wish Metro had been better understood and implemented - I found that as a very usable design language.

Stock Android before 4.0 looked terrible in my opinion, it was like comparing Windows 95 to Windows 7.

I actually have a few random screenshots from older my older phones I'll share.

At the time I was a big fan of the Sense skin used on HTC devices, this is a screenshot from my HTC Desire on Android 2.2, taken in November 2010. Such a huge improvement compared to stock Android 2.2 I think:

htc-sense-30_11_2010.thumb.png.373d8bf898bd3e4e5e8c078072b70ecd.png

My HTC Desire in July 2011, running Android 2.3 with the MIUI custom rom, this was a lot lighter than HTC Sense and really improved battery life a lot:

desire-home-18th-july-11.png.b1c48b20493f09159800a22533777d70.png

Trivia: This was before Xiaomi had ever released a phone and just distributed custom roms for various popular devices at the time.

This is where I think stock Android actually ended up looking better than HTC Sense / MIUI, my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0 in May 2012:

galaxy-nexus-06-05-12.png.d34e16d7cc8487628ac0b66ec7035256.png