Problem with auto patcher

Autopatcher was a good idea but im having a problem with it on my 2nd system :( When installing the updates it causes my system to reset all by it self. I don't have the blaster worm on it, i checked for that allready, I have the free edition of AVG anti-virus installed and is up to date and no viruses were found, this computer isnt connected the to internet, i bought the computer back in Oct 2003, its a Dell Dimension 8300. I recently formatted the computer and its still resetting on me when im installed auto patcher. If someone could help me out would be great. Thanks in advance

It may not be affected with the blaster worm but another system on your network may including other systems on your broadband provider. You can try installing the updates with it disconnected from the network or enabling the firewall in your network settings.

If it's still rebooting there may have been something corrupted within the initial install of Windows XP. Try formatting down and trying again.

i think its a BSOD during autopatcher installation procedure... but i guess instead of seeing the BSOD, your computer is configured to restart automatically... BSODing mean hardware failure... probably the system's memory is defective... Unfortunately hotfix installation can show you how stable your hardware is... And since AutoPatcher installs all these hotfixes, it's a hardware stresser too...

Check the memory modules you have installed... I don't think it could be anything else...

/Raptor

I found out the problem I was having with autopatcher. It has to do with the Hyper Threading setting in my BIOS. I turned it off and now I don't have any problems with autopatcher installing the updates. :) Everything is working fine now.

I found out the problem I was having with autopatcher. It has to do with the Hyper Threading setting in my BIOS. I turned it off and now I don't have any problems with autopatcher installing the updates. :) Everything is working fine now.

Whoops... forgot to ask about that... HT sometimes messes up patch installs. It's a known issue with MS... forgot that could have been a reason.