Female-Led Starsky & Hutch Reboot in Development

A remake of the hit 1970s series Starsky & Hutch is officially in the works, with Fox reportedly working on the project.

Unlike the original series, which starred two male police detectives, The Hollywood Reporter notes that the remake will feature two female characters in the title roles. No official casting has been done yet, but Fox Entertainment president Michael Thorn said in a statement that he expects to review two scripts from writers and showrunners Sam Sklaver (Prodigal Son) and Elizabeth Peterson (The Resident) before making a decision on whether or not the show will move forward.

Source: https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1268495-female-led-starsky-and-hutch-reboot

I look forward to the male-led Cagney & Lacey Hollyweird!

image.gif

On 18/02/2023 at 01:02, jamwheat said:

Steven, you got the "Cagney and Lacey" reference out before I got on here!  LOL!

The theme tune still gives me chills of great times of my childhood. I don't think it was until I was 7 - 9 before I started seeing it through my parents. I always remember it on evenings? Friday nights? Weekends? All I remember it was on 9pm onwards. BBC 2 in the UK I think?

My Mother would have always watched it.

Apparently it was BBC1.

"The series garnered considerable popularity internationally. In the UK it was originally shown on BBC1, where it regularly made the top 10. When the series finally came to an end it was followed by four television movies which reunited the characters Christine Cagney, now promoted to Lieutenant and working at the District Attorney's office as a special investigator, and Mary Beth Lacey, retired from the police force but soon talked into working for the D.A.'s office as well, thereby reuniting the old partnership. In January 2018, CBS ordered a pilot for a reboot of the series and cast Sarah Drew and Michelle Hurd as Cagney and Lacey, respectively. However the pilot was never made."

Edited by vf-
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/02/2023 at 14:47, dead.cell said:

I'll be honest, I wouldn't even watch a male-led Starsky & Hutch reboot. Sometimes shows work for their time and should be left there.

That's how I feel about reboots of Hawaii 5-0, Magnum-PI, Walker Texas Ranger, MacGyver to name a few. 

I am enjoying the revival of Quantum Leap, but that is a continuation (30 years after the original events) rather than a rehash like the above mentioned shows.

• 2 months later...

"Ghostbusters" (2016) should've given them pause, but of course Hollywood doesn't learn from history, so they are doomed to repeat it!