Apple Photos on a Windows system...

Hi,
A friend of mine uses an iPhone but has no Apple desktop, just a Windows pc.
Is there a way to put all the pics from her iPhone Photos app on her Windows desktop?
(if possible the complete separate folders in which the pics are stored)

She has all her pics on iCloud as well...

Thanks

On 21/02/2023 at 15:23, Dick Montage said:

Assuming you've already used the Windows iCloud app and found that they weren't uploading to iCloud... connect it via cable.  Done

I think you can do that without iTunes now-a-days but you can also install iTunes as it's still available for Windows.

On 21/02/2023 at 19:44, kowcop said:

I havent used this myself, but I had a friend send me the link. Intel make an app that has both a Windows app and a iOS app which links the devices together for things like file transfer

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/docs/unison/overview.html

And calls and messages. 

It works ok, but not great. 

Install SendAnywhere on both Windows computer and iPhone... Use the app to send and receive photos and videos from and to iPhone... If HEIC/HEIF was used for photos and videos and you just need to transfer the JPEG version, meaning non-Live Photo, you can toggle the setting on the app on the iPhone... By default, it uses the original format, for example, if it was a Live Photo or high efficiency/compressed video, it will be transferred as a HEIC/HEIF file... You just need to install the proper codec to view them natively in Windows...

Or install Onedrive to both iPhone and Windows computer and just upload to Onedrive provided you have enough storage so you can keep the Live Photo version and view it in the Onedrive app natively... I'm not sure if Google Photos also keeps the Live Photo/high efficiency format version...

You should just be able to connect the iPhone to a Windows 10 / 11 PC via the charging cable and copy photos off, the same as any other USB device. Windows will see the iPhone an an MTP device if you open up "Computer".

Pretty sure you should not need to install any drivers for this, however on the off chance you do simply install iTunes.

You might also have to install the HEIF Image Extensions to open the photos if not installed already, as i don't think iPhones save images a JPG's by default anymore.

• 2 months later...
On 22/02/2023 at 10:00, hagjohn said:

Just use iCloud software and the photos will download from iCloud to the desktop.

there is also the icloud.com website which does the same thing but without downloading any software.