Auropatcher problem

Hi

I've just downloaded the full Jan version of Autopatcher, extracted it, replaced the two files in the extra patch and tryed to run it. However when I do i get the following error message:

AutoPatcher | Initialisation services

Autopatcher was unable to register required files with the system.

ERROR_DLLREGISTRATION_STARTUP

5 | Invalid procedure call or argument

Autopatcher

The menu works fine, but if i try and run the main program (either through the menu or directly) I get this message. Can anybody help me?

Neil

That sounds like a February version to me :p Did you use the .zip i had posted here, exactly as it was? Or did you start copying files here and there?

/Raptor

That sounds like a February version to me :p Did you use the .zip i had posted here, exactly as it was? Or did you start copying files here and there?

/Raptor

Yeah... that is a Feb Specific error we're still working on. haha

Ah, right :wacko: . In that case can you give me a direct link to where i can download the January version? I can't seem to find anywhere with the correct version. (FTP is preferable. If not, HTTP will do).

Thank you

Neil

Oh dear. I downloaded AutoPatcherXP_Jan.exe from the site you said, patched the two files with the files you said and STILL GET THE SAME ERROR when trying to run autopatch. Any more suggestions...

:(

In the root folder I extracted it to:

AutoPatcher_Menu.apm

AutoPatcher_Menu.exe

AutoPatcher_Menu.ico

autorun.inf

AutoPatcher XP [folder]

Inside the AutoPatcher XP folder:

AutoPatcher.exe

AutoPatcher.exe.MANIFEST

autopatcherxp.apdb

autopatcherxp.sig

COMCTL32.OCX

MSCOMCTL.OCX

psshutdown.exe

regobj.dll

RICHTX32.OCX

scrrun.dll

and the following folders...

AXPFiles

CustomProgFiles

Database Editor

Documentation

ProgFiles

UndoRegTweaks

Thanks for your help,

Neil

I found the problem. I had set my firewall (Kerio Personal Firewall) to block Microsoft Register Server from running, but it seems Autopatcher requires this to run. What exactly does this do?

Neil

I found the problem. I had set my firewall (Kerio Personal Firewall) to block Microsoft Register Server from running, but it seems Autopatcher requires this to run. What exactly does this do?

Neil

This registers the DLLs needed to run the AutoPatcher itself. I've never known anyone to block it, but now we know to ask! :D

If I don't know what it is, I block it :D . Not always the best of approaches but it does help make your computer secure...

...Either that or it just stops working :D .

Great program by the way - Thanks. Makes patching a new system dead quick. Does it include all the updates from windows update up to the date of relaease?