What is your default Windows version in 2023?

What is your default Windows version in 2023?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. At home:

• Windows 7 or older
    • Windows 8.x
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 11
  2. 2. For work:

• Windows 7 or older
    • Windows 8.x
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 11
    • I don't have a work PC.

The question is simple: What is the Neowin community's default Windows version at home and at work?

For me, it is Windows 11 at home, and Windows 10 at home. 

Note: In order to keep the poll simple, I went with only the major versions of Microsoft Windows.

Windows 11 at home, I thought I should get some hands on time with it before eventually deploying it at work.

Most of our client computes at work don't support Windows 11, so Windows 10 currently.

I have Win11 Pro "canary" build at home, as I love to play around.  At work, I believe we finally updated from Win7 to win 10.  Of course, it has the start menu program on that makes it look like Win 7, as the owner still doesn't know how to use computers very well.

My laptop is also my work laptop, and it has a Windows 10 partition so I guess that would be the answer. But I try to use it as little as possible.

I have 6 computers running Windows 11 (including all my main computers)
I have 7 (I know I probably forgot some) computers running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. (Located on a segregated network)

On 21/05/2023 at 17:34, Warwagon said:

I have 6 computers running Windows 11 (including all my main computers)
I have 7 (I know I probably forgot some) computers running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. (Located on a segregated network)

Why do you have 14 computers? you only have 10 fingers, unless you're using your toes as well!

Work is Windows 11, personal still on Windows 10 as its too old for W11.

Only got two Windows boxes left, both running LTSC 2021 as a "stationary target" with no feature update breakage. Threw on a few tweaks/addons (WSL, WSA with Google, store, Terminal, etc.), one is for gaming and one is for development via VS2022.  That said, I'll probably switch the gaming one to 11 in the reasonably near future, with the usual selection of addons (which are more or less the same for 10 anyway), it just has more to offer and looks better in the process. I do actually like it better, just not wanting to do the whole reinstall hassle since there's currently no upgrade path for this version... get to it sooner or later.

All the other machines are running KDE Plasma but that's a different poll. 

Windows 10 1803 because Microsoft doesn't care to fix a critical multi-monitor bug that closes the WRONG window vs the X button we clicked when maximized in a multi-mon high DPI scenario.

On 21/05/2023 at 12:47, WiltshireHam said:

Why do you have 14 computers? you only have 10 fingers, unless you're using your toes as well!

Work is Windows 11, personal still on Windows 10 as its too old for W11.

If you want a break down what each one is. After looking at my own list, I noticed I forgot to count one in the post above.