What was the last TV show you watched?

Started watching Shogun it's soooo good.

image.thumb.png.369ebf30c2318b08a9f13436f818f0b8.png

Started watching True Detectives season 4 could only stomach to episode 2, it was pretty terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently going through Star Trek: Voyager. I watched a good portion of the series back in its day, but I don't remember much of it. As of S3, There have been some down right campy episodes, but overall I'm enjoying it. DS9 is another one I want to watch through, but I can't seem to commit to it. Lose interest quickly every time I try. 

• Like 3

Watching Shogun and Artful Dodger both on Hulu.  Enjoying both.

Started Shogun and its Amazing, I have apparently an unpopular opinion that the Netflix Airbender series was decent, The kids acting was a bit bad but everything else was alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Like a few others here, I'm also watching Shogun with Halo s2 as well.  Also a few days away from the 2nd part of Invincible s2 starting up again.  I need to make some time to go back and watch Foundation s2.

Just finished Colony.

I liked it but as usual they cancelled it, I do hope there is a special place in hell for whoever decides to cancels shows without a proper ending

• 1 month later...

Well, I will be not very original whe I write that I am watching Shougn. I have not watched old series, but read original book.

The last series I completed was The Gentlemen.  Look, it is what it is - Guy Ritchie doing more of his cartoony gangsta stuff (a world that he is so infatuated with), but it's enjoyable.  Made me laugh a few times, made me enjoy Vinnie Jones on screen (I hate the usual crap he plays - it's such a pantomime), Ray Winstone was used correctly (sparingly).  Yeah, I'm down for season 2.

On 19/04/2024 at 11:17, Dick Montage said:

The last series I completed was The Gentlemen.  Look, it is what it is - Guy Ritchie doing more of his cartoony gangsta stuff (a world that he is so infatuated with), but it's enjoyable.  Made me laugh a few times, made me enjoy Vinnie Jones on screen (I hate the usual crap he plays - it's such a pantomime), Ray Winstone was used correctly (sparingly).  Yeah, I'm down for season 2.

I didn't know they had made a TV series. I quite enjoyed the film, so maybe I'll take a look. But I know what you mean, I can be onboard with a Guy Ritchie film...not sure if I could go a whole series.

I just finished watching Fallout the other day. I struggled a bit on the first episode, although that might be more to do with my expectation being that I was going to dislike it. As I continued I came to really enjoy it, and I'm glad they've been given the greenlight on another season.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 11:23, Nick H. said:

not sure if I could go a whole series

Episodes don't feel too long, break it up and you wont trip over Guy Richie's absolute posh-boy boner for the criminals!

Fallout, great show, 9/10 if I had to give it a score.  Also watching X-men 97, ep5 and 7 go so hard, 6 was ok overall.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 01:47, JustGeorge said:

I'm currently going through Star Trek: Voyager. I watched a good portion of the series back in its day, but I don't remember much of it. As of S3, There have been some down right campy episodes, but overall I'm enjoying it. DS9 is another one I want to watch through, but I can't seem to commit to it. Lose interest quickly every time I try. 

I did similar with Voyager a few years ago. I'd also watched quite a lot of episodes as a kid, however never everything from start to finish, or in any particular order.

After Voyager I ended up wanting more, so watched DS9. To the younger me DS9 was like watching paint dry, however in my 30's I found it much more entertaining. I would now go as far to say DS9 is one of my favourite Trek series, it only gets better as the series go on.

The Ferengi in particular I thought we're hilarious, especially their Rules of Acquisition! 😄

On 26/04/2024 at 06:10, InsaneNutter said:

I did similar with Voyager a few years ago. I'd also watched quite a lot of episodes as a kid, however never everything from start to finish, or in any particular order.

After Voyager I ended up wanting more, so watched DS9. To the younger me DS9 was like watching paint dry, however in my 30's I found it much more entertaining. I would now go as far to say DS9 is one of my favourite Trek series, it only gets better as the series go on.

The Ferengi in particular I thought we're hilarious, especially their Rules of Acquisition! 😄

Got about 1.5 seasons of Voyager left and then I'll probably try DS9 again. Err....Complete last season of Discovery and then DS9 :)