Menu annoyance after installing autopatcher

Since installing the January Autopatcher update, on two computers my start menu (and a few other menus) automatically open when you mouse over them. Now I know you can change this in start menu properties, but it doesn't "stick". Every time I reboot, it happens again. It shows in the start menu properties that it is NOT set to open submenus when you pause on them. Can someone PLEASE tell me if they know of a fix, a permanant one. This is getting damn annoying.

TIA. :wacko:

yeah, i always thought that tweak was annoying... dunno why, but some friends like it... i cant work with it... fortunately, as cpugeniusmv pointed, we have an undo file for every regtweaks...

I guess you now know you don't want to select "Speed Up Start Menu" regtweak on the AutoPatcher selection screen :)

/Raptor

yeah, i always thought that tweak was annoying... dunno why, but some friends like it... i cant work with it... fortunately, as cpugeniusmv pointed, we have an undo file for every regtweaks...

I guess you now know you don't want to select "Speed Up Start Menu" regtweak on the AutoPatcher selection screen :)

/Raptor

Yeah, see, I personally can't live without it... I needs da speed! :ninja:

my view: if you need 'da speed' just click on it... when you try to move the mouse somewhere and menus popup all over just because you had to hover over them... it gets annoying... :)

<thought>

perhaps all the 'tweaks' should be unchecked by default to prevent as many of these 'problems'

...i mean, if people really want the tweaks, they can check them! and if they check them, they'll know why the things happen (hopefully)

</thought>

THANK YOU! I couldn't figure out which one it was.. figures that it was the obviously named tweak. LOL This tweak drives me nuts because I tend to get "click happy" and this just makes things worse for me. Don't know if this was checked by default or not, but I'll be watching for it next time I run autopatcher. :yes:

<thought>

perhaps all the 'tweaks' should be unchecked by default to prevent as many of these 'problems'

...i mean, if people really want the tweaks, they can check them! and if they check them, they'll know why the things happen (hopefully)

</thought>

Don't worry... I'm gonna revise them for the Feb release. (Y)

and please... *please*... can feb release be a release without a needed small patch afterwards? :) you *always* seem to forget something :p hehehe

and please... *please*... can feb release be a release without a needed small patch afterwards? :) you *always* seem to forget something :p hehehe

Hey hey now... it's not my fault... I have 3+ testers I send it to, and I wait till they report no prob... what are the odds that all three miss the same bug? :p :laugh: Anyways, you know for a fact the amount of things I've already found with the Feb Release... I'm pretty sure it'll be 99% big free. :D