Can I use the Tp-link Deco X80 in this case?

Hello. I have been asked to upgrade the WIFI for a friends house with two floors. Currently the only good internet availability is in the living room and rooms around the living room are either low speed or no coverage. Also, their is a small one floor building next to the house which currently having the internet throw the power-line TP-LINK AV2000 that's gets the internet from the house.

Giving that their is no cabling to all the rooms, except one. The plan is to change all the devices in the house to the TP-LINK Deco X80 plus the small building next to the house, it is possible that we may go with 5 to 6 devices to cover the whole area. But I am wondering:-

How the Mesh work? Is it the same as the powerline? or like a range extender? as I mention the rooms are either slow or no coverage. Plus the one floor building next to the house. How it will work in this case?

One of the rooms have a device that works with the network cable only (No WIFI). After the Deco device been setup in that room, can I get the internet throw the network cable from the Deco device?

Please advise and thank you in advance.

Mesh networks are considerably better than range extenders although they do still need to be able to "see" each other if you're using a wireless backhaul. The mesh nodes know of each other's existence and hand over seamlessly as if it were one network as opposed to just being a signal booster in the case of range extenders. Although I'm not familiar with the TP link system I've set up a couple of mesh networks previously and they were much of a muchness. Each node can typically use wired or wireless backhaul so you could still use a powerline backhaul to connect to a node in the small building next door. With the wireless nodes, there are usually either link strength lights or an app of some kind which will allow you to make the optimum placement.

In my case I'm using Asus Zen Wifi AX (XT8s) and three gives me excellent coverage of a large 4 bed house and the entirety of my back garden (the house was covered by just two nodes but lockdown convinced me to extend the network to the back garden!)