22 years on Neowin

I no longer visit the forums, these days, but I see the news articles (via Feedly) and visit them daily. Still the best resource for Windows-related news ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I'm at 20 years! Man, time flies huh?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Reading Neowin news since Windows 7 Beta, @ 2009.

Lost access to the original Neowin account when the Yahoo mail database was hacked.

ย 

Mods: Is there a way to regain access to the original Neowin account without my yahoo mail?

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/08/2023 at 14:48, Laurentiu A. said:

Reading Neowin news since Windows 7 Beta, @ 2009.

Lost access to the original Neowin account when the Yahoo mail database was hacked.

ย 

Mods: Is there a way to regain access to the original Neowin account without my yahoo mail?

See DM

Not a huge contributor but a regular follower of Neowin. When I first registered, under a different username, I was something like the 1900th user.ย  So what year would that translate to?

• Love 1

I want to say been regularly visiting the site for almost 15 years now but my account is much more recent.

• Love 1

Almost 10 years since creating my first account... This is a new account... Was just accessing the website for software direct links... Even the official websites of software do not use their own server [some] and it made me access Neowin on a regular basis... I use IDM and it has the option to use the server creation/modified date [which I preferred]... Was just reading comments [when account was not a requirement] back then but decided to add my thoughts to some of the news/topics...

• Love 1

Hah, lots of OGs in here. I'm close to 15 years, lurking around for probably 5 more, found it from warp2search and registered for a competition, i won something but never got it due to being in EU.

Not very active in the forum now, but still second button in the bookmark toolbar and good source of news.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OMG I joinedย November 17, 2001. 22 years in November. I was probably using windows xp for 3 weeks when I joined.ย 

On 16/08/2023 at 07:42, xrobwx71 said:

I'm at 20 years! Man, time flies huh?

I'm at i dunno cause i did not create an account right away. I've been visiting this site and guru3d since pretty much the beginning though when i was tweaking windows 2000 because windows ME ****** major ***. Neowin gave me the ""courage"" to install windows 2000 on my home computer. Neowin was pretty small back then. Here's a post from this time XD

image.thumb.png.ab1a3f5009a9ab549b984778ed7a095f.png

On 17/08/2023 at 06:23, LaP said:

I'm at i dunno cause i did not create an account right away. I've been visiting this site and guru3d since pretty much the beginning though when i was tweaking windows 2000 because windows ME ****** major ***. Neowin gave me the ""courage"" to install windows 2000 on my home computer. Neowin was pretty small back then. Here's a post from this time XD

image.thumb.png.ab1a3f5009a9ab549b984778ed7a095f.png

Spreading FUD since 2001....

• Facepalm 1

On 16/08/2023 at 19:39, Pork Chopper said:

Not a huge contributor but a regular follower of Neowin. When I first registered, under a different username, I was something like the 1900th user.ย  So what year would that translate to?

your profile shows you joined in July 2015

On 17/08/2023 at 03:24, hellowalkman said:

your profile shows you joined in July 2015

That is probably when I registered under my current name.ย  Previously I went by the name streetwolf.ย  When I registered as streetwolf my profile stated I was about the 1900th member which I guess was more than 20 years ago.

• Like 1