20 Years on Neowin

I wanted to post that today I have been on Neowin for 20 years. We have lots of long-time members here and I am very proud to say that I have been one of them. From member, to fMod, to Gmod, to Sup, to Admin, it has been a wonderful experience. Thanks to all of the great members and staff here (both past and present). And a special thanks to Mark, Paul, Dan, and Steve for seeing me through this! I couldn't think of a better place to be.

Best Always,

Barney

Looks like there are quite a few of us getting to the 20 year mark! And if I think about it, with the exception of something like Hotmail or Google I don't think there is another website that I have been regularly visiting for so long. That's quite an achievement!

Congratulations on 20 years, Barney!

• Like 3

Honestly, you newbies and your milestones. ;)

Seriously though, congratulations. Neowin may have changed a lot in 20 years but the commitment and knowledge of the staff never has.

• Like 2

On 30/08/2023 at 11:52, Nick H. said:

Looks like there are quite a few of us getting to the 20 year mark! And if I think about it, with the exception of something like Hotmail or Google I don't think there is another website that I have been regularly visiting for so long. That's quite an achievement!

Congratulations on 20 years, Barney!

Just 1 year to go for me... (Joined 23/08/2004).  Congrats Barney for making it 20 years!

• Like 2

Congrats on joining the 20 year club! 🍻

Always great to see posts from members who still frequent the site after so long, certainly is a testament to Neowin and the community.

• Thanks 2

Congrats. That's a long time. You have been a first-hand testimony to the slow and gradual deterioration of Windows quality over 20 years. :D I completed around 18 years on Neowin. I wish I had registered sooner. Was non-registered for initial few years of Windows XP.

wow yes, I dont often sign in but I still read Neowin daily ... looks like nearly 22 years for me

Congrats to all of us for staying the course of two decades, and best wishes to all new members since!

Forgot I surpassed 20 years last month on July 6th.  Welcome to the 20 year club.  

We don't live far from each other either.  I live in Chesapeake.

On 31/08/2023 at 09:56, Steffan said:

Forgot I surpassed 20 years last month on July 6th.  Welcome to the 20 year club.  

We don't live far from each other either.  I live in Chesapeake.

Nice! I'm currently in Corolla, NC for some time away!

On 30/08/2023 at 14:43, Raze said:

Congrats, Barney!  You've always been the voice of reason here, fair and good-humored.    🍺  cheers to another 20!

Amen brother!

Congrats, man. It sure flies by fast, doesn't it? 20 years is quite a stretch. Just think of the changes you've seen come and go! Here's to 20 more!!! 🍺

I just checked and I got to 20 years back in July. Time flies I guess. My life is definitely a lot different from the day I started coming here because of Whistler news.

• 4 weeks later...

I missed my registration anniversary on September 18th. It's been 22 years - quite some time, with a lot of ups and downs in between.