Help needed for a volunteer skills matching website for Ukraine

Question

Hi I'm posting here on the off-chance that someone might see it and be interested. This section of the forum doesn't seem as busy as it once was.

In any case, as the title says, we are working under the auspices of the official VFU (Volunteer for Ukraine) website (https://volunteersforukraine.org/) on a sister project provisionally called Hands Helping Hands. This site is envisaged to be very similar to a project I also helped construct several years ago in my then home town of Newcastle upon Tyne in The UK, called Newcastle Volunteer Centre. (https://volunteercentrenewcastle.org.uk/search-results) Essentially like my previous project the site is intended to be a volunteer/recruiter search site, with slightly enhanced functionality, in that it seeks to do a somewhat better job than my previous project in  more closely matching volunteers with specific skills to available volunteering opportunities in Ukraine. (Essentially it will be like a normal job search web site, except for volunteers only. 🙂) This will hopefully address a number of issues associated with volunteering in Ukraine, in that as of now there is no single resource where organisations in Ukraine can request specific kinds of help, or volunteers with specific skills.  This often leads to a rather chaotic approach to this topic, where many volunteers (who mostly mean well) are forced to travel to Ukraine on spec - and where they may ultimately end up disappointed and return home after some weeks, because they couldn't find a suitable volunteering opportunity.

In the first instance, we urgently two front end developers with relevant/proven react framework experience. Additionally we need one or two equally experienced Ux designers. Finally we also need some testers for when we hopefully have something to test. If you think you might be interested, feel free to drop me a note via PM, detailing your background and previous experience. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who feels able to contribute! 🙂

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet