Selling a Samsung Smart Watch for a Redmi Version

I don't use many features of my smart watch - vibrating me to tell me I have a notification, telling me the date, time and how many steps I've done. That's literally it.

I have a Samsung Watch, I don't know what it is but I think it's a mid-high range one.

I have a Samsung S11 Ultra.

I was planning on buying the Xiaomi 13 Pro as someone said the camera would knock the socks off anything around. Another review says it's on par with Samsung S23, which is only a little bit better than my S21U.

This then led me to the Redmi Watch 3, which is about £85. The strap on my Samsung watch is a bit broken but I think I have a replacement but it's also fairly heavy.

Should I sell it and get the redmi anyway? I'm not sure what phone I'll be getting next anymore.

Smartwatch:
For smartwatches, pretty much every fitness band and smartwatch these days will meet your needs. Step tracking shouldn't be widely off between budget and premium brands too. So go for whichever design you like. Round, Square or fitness bands too. Now if you want to reply to notifications from the watch, then not every watch can do that.

Anything other than the Apple Watch will work on any phone you have. Smartphone brands which also sell their own smartwatches generally have tighter integration and maybe a couple of features that work best in their ecosystem. But nothing deal breaking for your needs. At worst, you might have to install a smartwatch companion app on your phone (Mi fitness I guess for Redmi watches, Samsung Health for their watches, etc.)

Your Samsung watch is most likely a premium watch. I'd say if you can fix it, then keep it as long as you get decent battery life out of it. Redmi Watch is great for the price, comes with a lot of bells and whistles. But generally might not be as accurate/polished as the Samsung watch, which for your needs isn't that important. Go for it if you want a new/square watch.

Smartphone:
In my opinion, smartphone cameras have matured in quality to the point that picking up any flagship phone should give you a great camera. Now the camera wars have shifted to Zoom lenses (i.e, who can give the clearest images at 5x,10x, 20x zooms) and bokeh effects (who can give the most natural shallow depth of field). If they don't interest you, then its just a matter of which brand/other features you're comfortable with.

I trust GSMArena when choosing smartphones. They've never gone wrong for me. So if you want a camera phone, look no further than these: https://www.gsmarena.com/best_camera_phones_buyers_guide-review-2030.php

• Like 1