CSV / QBO to IIF converter.

On 19/05/2024 at 15:32, Jason Doster said:

One additional thing I'm seeing. The account field cannot be more than I think 25 characters it look like. The IIF generator will chop off the account name if it is too long, and when it's imported, another account is created to the chopped. That's happening with only a handful of accounts who's name's are too long. If no fix is possible, I'll just shorten up about 5 of my account names. Thx!

I add the character limit back in for 4.5 beta. The issue with the last implementation was that it checked for 31 characters regardless of subcategories. It can be 31 characters PER account. 

it did not take into consideration subcategories, so it thought Business:Subscription Serv - Business:Software Subscriptions was one big account, thus chopping it off at 31 characters. It now calculates 31 Character account names per : (colon)

I downloaded CSVtoIIF451Latest.exe.

I imported my bank's .csv file no problem. (Transactions from January 1 2024 through today.)

Then I exported (printed) a tab delimited file using an earlier month from the same account. (QBD Premier manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2021)

I used "Create/Edit Rules" and imported the tab delimited file and I created the .json file no problem.

Then I did some manual editing of transactions within the main app.

Exported the .iif

Imported to QB and only 9 transactions succeeded with over 100 failed.

So I thought, OK, let's skip the manual editing part and start over. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

This time I exported a tab delimited file using all of 2023. I then went through and cleaned that up only keeping stuff that had value, removing the # on each rule, etc.

This all seemed to work, so I exported the .iif file.

Imported the .iif to QB and BAM, QB was gone. It just crashed and went a way.

Tried it again and same thing. Needless to say, nothing was imported. I am at a stand still. 

I should mention, I firewalled QB so that it cannot communicate with the Internet. I am trying to freeze at 2021 -- obviously they have already sun-set my banking feeds.

Thanks -C

On 14/09/2024 at 19:30, King_Poop_Scoop said:

I downloaded CSVtoIIF451Latest.exe.

I imported my bank's .csv file no problem. (Transactions from January 1 2024 through today.)

Then I exported (printed) a tab delimited file using an earlier month from the same account. (QBD Premier manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2021)

I used "Create/Edit Rules" and imported the tab delimited file and I created the .json file no problem.

Then I did some manual editing of transactions within the main app.

Exported the .iif

Imported to QB and only 9 transactions succeeded with over 100 failed.

So I thought, OK, let's skip the manual editing part and start over. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

This time I exported a tab delimited file using all of 2023. I then went through and cleaned that up only keeping stuff that had value, removing the # on each rule, etc.

This all seemed to work, so I exported the .iif file.

Imported the .iif to QB and BAM, QB was gone. It just crashed and went a way.

Tried it again and same thing. Needless to say, nothing was imported. I am at a stand still. 

I should mention, I firewalled QB so that it cannot communicate with the Internet. I am trying to freeze at 2021 -- obviously they have already sun-set my banking feeds.

Thanks -C

Sent you a message