Answer from Delivery driver left me speechless

So I got a delivery from Amazon and the driver was unreal. I live on the 16th floore of a block of flats with a controlled entry system. The driver buzzed me to let him into the building and I waited for him to get to me. Now the fun starts.  Instead of ringing the doorbell. he knocked on the door. my first thought was the doorbell  isnt working . so I opened the door and tried the bell. and it worked  so I asked him why he did not use it, This is where it got bombed out. he said. I didnt use the doorbell in case you was taking a nap. I was speechless as I could not believe the reply. He gave me the delivery and went on his merry way. I think I was so stunned I was at the door for some time. Others must have delivery stories, Please share.

On 19/11/2023 at 05:13, NinjaGinger said:

So I got a delivery from Amazon and the driver was unreal. I live on the 16th floore of a block of flats with a controlled entry system. The driver buzzed me to let him into the building and I waited for him to get to me. Now the fun starts.  Instead of ringing the doorbell. he knocked on the door. my first thought was the doorbell  isnt working . so I opened the door and tried the bell. and it worked  so I asked him why he did not use it, This is where it got bombed out. he said. I didnt use the doorbell in case you was taking a nap. I was speechless as I could not believe the reply. He gave me the delivery and went on his merry way. I think I was so stunned I was at the door for some time. Others must have delivery stories, Please share.

The fact that you though this was interesting enough to share and the way you reacted is more interesting than your actual story lol... the guy probably had a brain fart because he has to endlessly drive to hundreds of houses every day... you don't need to write a story about it...

Edited by PmRd
  • Like 3

On 19/11/2023 at 13:26, PmRd said:

The fact that you though this was interesting enough to share and the way you reacted is more interesting than your actual story lol... the guy probably had a brain fart because he has to endlessly drive to hundreds of houses every day... you don't need to write a story about it...

The fact that you chose to respond is more interesting than his choice to share the story. The guy probably found it amusing and decided to share that amusement with others… you don’t need to criticise him for it…

(keep it going)

• Like 2

On 19/11/2023 at 08:38, Dick Montage said:

The fact that you chose to respond is more interesting than his choice to share the story. The guy probably found it amusing and decided to share that amusement with others… you don’t need to criticise him for it…

(keep it going)

The fact that you wrote "keep it going" is more interesting than my comment. You probably found it amusing and tought others would share that amusement with you… you don’t need to try that hard… 😛

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2023 at 13:00, PmRd said:

The fact that you wrote "keep it going" is more interesting than my comment. You probably found it amusing and tought others would share that amusement with you… you don’t need to try that hard… 😛

That you are continuing to troll is more  interesting than all the comments. 

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2023 at 03:13, NinjaGinger said:

Why would it leave you speechless?

On 19/11/2023 at 20:25, adrynalyne said:

Why would it leave you speechless?

I find it incredible that someone so out  there has a job and there are some that dont, even thougfh they arent as thick as this guy. I assume you are a fan of FOX nems and Donald Trump is the bestr thing since sliced bread. Joking again, maybe.

On 20/11/2023 at 07:59, NinjaGinger said:

I find it incredible that someone so out  there has a job and there are some that dont, even thougfh they arent as thick as this guy. I assume you are a fan of FOX nems and Donald Trump is the bestr thing since sliced bread. Joking again, maybe.

Well your reply confirms the low effort, low intellect content of this post. it was a simple question, but refer to the low intellect comment if you didn't understand that.

Guess I will move on to things more interesting.

On 20/11/2023 at 09:59, NinjaGinger said:

Wow... this comment tells us everything we need to know about you... Some random hard working delivery guy just made a simple, honest, very unremarkable mistake and you think he doesn't deserve to have a job?  You never made a slight mistake in your entire life I suppose?

• Like 3

On 19/11/2023 at 04:13, NinjaGinger said:

was a signature required? From my experience, the doorbell only gets used when they need a signature. Otherwise they knock, and if you answer great, otherwise they just take their picture and go on their way.

Though, I will admit, the 'in case you were taking a nap' is a bit funny/silly considering you had to buzz him in in the first place :rofl:

On 20/11/2023 at 16:23, dwd999 said:

Everyone knows that Amazon delivery drivers never ring the doorbell. The real shock is that he knocked. They never knock here; just take a picture and leave.

Here, too. They rarely ever knock. And NEVER rang the bell. Not sure what OP is on about..

On 20/11/2023 at 11:00, PmRd said:

Wow... this comment tells us everything we need to know about you... Some random hard working delivery guy just made a simple, honest, very unremarkable mistake and you think he doesn't deserve to have a job?  You never made a slight mistake in your entire life I suppose?

I wouldn't even call it a mistake. So he knocked on the door instead of ringing the doorbell, big deal.

I'm a delivery driver and I knock doors most of the time. Half the time peoples bells just don't work (or I just don't hear it ring). So it just saves time. I'll try the "RING" bell if no ones in to see if I can leave stuff safe somewhere. His answer was highly baffling as you had just buzzed him in...

On 21/11/2023 at 06:27, -_MSD_- said:

I'm a delivery driver and I knock doors most of the time. Half the time peoples bells just don't work (or I just don't hear it ring). So it just saves time. I'll try the "RING" bell if no ones in to see if I can leave stuff safe somewhere. His answer was highly baffling as you had just buzzed him in...

The fact I had just buzzed me to let him in was the confuzzing bit.

On 22/11/2023 at 04:39, NinjaGinger said:

Pretty sure that delivery driver can write better english than you. Just for fun, what's your job?

On 22/11/2023 at 03:39, NinjaGinger said:

We get that you're politically deranged, but anger-typing with your fists isn't making you look intelligent...

On 22/11/2023 at 12:44, NinjaGinger said:

Humour is dead.

Projecting humor is not something everyone has the skill for,  especially when you insult others. 

Keep at it, practice makes perfect. 

On 22/11/2023 at 23:30, -_MSD_- said:

Letting a lapse in gramma slide should be a social media rule. kindness is free...

Too bad the OP didn’t know that when posting this…whatever it is. 

Humour I guess.